Who would you rather have?

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Calvin Johnson of the Lions, whose been on a team that hasn't had a team and QB for years, pending Stafford's health OR Andre Johnson from the Texans, whose been on a team in recent years that's been a pass happy offense (Until recently) and has had Matt Schaub throwing the ball to him.

If you were needing to add a future star at WR onto your team, who would you choose and why? (Between these two).

I don't want to hear "Calvin Johnson because he plays for the Lions, either." :p

Personally, I'd choose Calvin Johnson. He has all the qualities Andre Johnson has, he's just had a lot less to work with. Don't get me wrong, the Texans haven't been no great team/franchise themselves but they have had more support, especially on offense.

Also, if you don't feel either of these two WR's are the best in the NFL, explain who you'd rather have and why.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If you were needing to add a future star at WR onto your team, who would you choose and why? (Between these two).
I choose Calvin Johnson because he is younger and healthier. He puts up good #s on a bad team. So I gotta go with Calvin Johnson on this one.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
if its for multiple years, easily Calvin.

If its for one year, idk.

Calvin has produced w/out a good QB. Andre is not good without a good throwing QB.

Also, it depends on the situation. In New England, I'd prefer Wes Welker over any WR in the NFL, because he does what we need him to, and at such a high level.

In Indy, Andre would be ridiculous. So would Calvin, as would Desean.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I'm going with Calvin Johnson because he plays for the Lions. Haha no.

I'm saying him because mostly what was already said. He has done so much with so little. If he had a consistent QB throwing to him, he would be even better. Plus, he not only doesn't have the consistent QB but he has limited targets and receptions.

Calvin Johnson - 137 Targets(10th in the league), 77 Receptions(Tied for 15th in the league), 1120 Yards(9th in the league), 12 TD's(Tied 2nd in the league)

Andre Johnson - 138 Targets(9th in the league), 86 Receptions(6th in the league), 1216 Yards(6th int he league), 8 TD's(18th in the league)

They are pretty similar in numbers, but the biggest noticeable factor is the inconsistent QB play for the Lions. I know I said it before, but it can't be emphasized enough.

The Edge

Reaction score
little bit of an edge to Andre on this. Prefer his 62% catch rate to Megatron's 57%

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What Calvin does without a consistent QB is remarkable.
You got Peyton or Brady throwing CJ the ball, his numbers would be even better.
Calvin all day.

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
i wanna say calvin because dude is a freak, bigger AND faster than Dre.

.....but i just like Dre more.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
lol Andre isn't good without a Good throwing QB?

People quickly forget Andre had to start his career in Houston with David Carr. They're near the same player, I feel Calvin is a bit overrated because hes such a athletic freak people just assume hes better than everybody. Andre is the better player however.

I watch Andre every year, I know his talents, Andre Johnson is the best WR in the NFL.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Calvin isn't overrated at all lol.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Calvin isn't overrated at all lol.
Calvin is actually overrated because people think hes better than everybody else because of the Physical freak he is. I don't wanna hear he never had a QB either, because his best year was with Kitna as his QB and Kitna isn't even THAT bad. Andre put up 2 1,000 yard season with bum ass David Carr. MY point EXACTLY.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well I can't argue, cause you obviously watched every Lions game dating back from the pre-Joey Harrington era.

Andre has been in the league 4 more years lol. If you wanna argue statistics, it's hard not to take someone who has accomplished more due to being around longer.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
This is too much of a hypothetical question for me, so because Calvin Johnson has a shitty QB that makes him the best WR in the league? How does that make any sense? If any WR should be complaining about a shitty QB it should be Larry Fizegerald, now thats an awful place to be a WR.

And that brings me to my main point. Larry Fitzgerald in my opinion is the best WR in the league, he has great stats in the regular season, but what differentiates him from the other WR's is his playoff abilities. In 6 playoff games he has a 117.5 ypg average, 9 TD's, and he has made very clutch catches for his team. He catches any jump ball and he has great speed for his size.

Mooche

Reaction score
Calvin Johnson.

The years, the athletic ability, and the upside.. The guy hasn't even hitting his full window yet. He's fucking amazing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%