Who would you rather have in their prime?

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Randy Moss;
1998 69 catches, 1,313 yards, 17 touchdowns (started 11 games of 16)
1999 80 catches, 1,413 yards, 11 touchdowns
2000 77 catches, 1,437 yards, 15 touchdowns
2001 82 catches, 1,233 yards, 10 touchdowns

Jerry Rice;

1989 82 catches, 1,483 yards, 17 touchdowns
1990 100 catches, 1,502 yards, 13 touchdowns
1991 80 catches, 1,206 yards, 14 touchdowns
1992 84 catches, 1,201 yards, 10 touchdowns

Looking just at the numbers.

Mooche

Reaction score
Jerry Rice.

I'll make this short and sweet. He's what I refer to as the definition of "team player". Randy, all talent, but he isn't.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Personalities aside, I'd go with Randy.

Reaction score
Rice is the best receiver ever, but if I had to choose in their primes I would have to go with Randy. Who did Randy have throwing to him those years? Randall Cunningham, Jeff George and Daunte Culpepper. Jerry Rice? Joe Montana and Steve Young.

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
Rice is the best receiver ever, but if I had to choose in their primes I would have to go with Randy. Who did Randy have throwing to him those years? Randall Cunningham, Jeff George and Daunte Culpepper. Jerry Rice? Joe Montana and Steve Young.
This is what I was thinking but Culpepper isn't the worst QB when in his prime and also Cunningham was one of the greatest but, I totally agree with you.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
I was expecting for everyone to say Rice; however, Moss, in his prime, has a slight edge over Rice.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I would take Randy as well, Im not saying Rice was a byproduct of 2 of the greatest quarterbacks, but I feel that Moss when into the game he was unstoppable. I feel that Moss was a bigger deep threat than Rice, but thats just my opinion.

ZigZag

TEH GREAT ZIGGY
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Jerry because I can rely on him.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
You can't rely on Randy?

Moss has proven to be a force on two different teams. While Jerry was near retirement when he joined Oakland, he wasn't the same.

Then again, that's taking away from the question at hand.

Not taking anything away from Jerry, but he was the best receiver on a team with two HoF quarterbacks and a HoF head coach.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Basically the argument between the two, is that one did more with less (Randy) so that takes away from the guy who looks like a byproduct of those around him (jerry). I actually dont know how I feel about that, lol. Because you cant take away from a guy who did was he was supposed to do and had outstanding numbers and a big playmaker.

werebarret

Reaction score
Randy Moss, at his peak, was better than Jerry Rice. 6'4, 4.25 forty, 40 inch vert. Uncoverable. He's a <Censored>ing tool that doesn't know how to play the game, can't be relied upon, but that doesn't change the fact that he's a better wide receiver than Rice. Rice has the longevity on him by far, but that's about it.

That being said, if I was building a team, I'd take Rice.

Swag_Surfin

Reaction score
Randy Moss, at his peak, was better than Jerry Rice. 6'4, 4.25 forty, 40 inch vert. Uncoverable. He's a <Censored>ing tool that doesn't know how to play the game, can't be relied upon, but that doesn't change the fact that he's a better wide receiver than Rice. Rice has the longevity on him by far, but that's about it.

That being said, if I was building a team, I'd take Rice.
He may be taller and faster than Rice, but with that being said, how come he cant touch Rice`s numbers?

werebarret

Reaction score
He may be taller and faster than Rice, but with that being said, how come he cant touch Rice`s numbers?
Longevity. Jerry Rice was still keeping himself in shape into his late 30s and early 40s, and was playing well up until 2003. I don't see Moss being committed enough to keep playing that long, honestly. I could be wrong, but I don't think it's going to happen.

funnygunny

Reaction score
This exactly. Randy makes those quarterbacks look good.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Randy has more talent but having more talent doesn't make you the better player in a sport.. Other things factor in like heart, smarts and a pure desire to win and be thrown to in all the clutch situations. Moss is more talented but who do I want on my team in their prime? Jerry Rice, better character, maybe a smudge off of Moss in talent level but a better overall player in Rice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%