What's your team ranked?

Brutalis

"Take heart, or I will take it from you." - BN
Reaction score
Arkansas #12, averaged. Read it in yesterday's sports page. Tallied the average from all the preseason college football mags and various popular websites. I think 12 is accurate for us.

A&M was 8th, they will be good but 8 is a bit overrated.

Auburn averaged 32nd, LMAO. How do you put together two great recruiting classes, win a NT and are not on the radar at all the following year? WTF?

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Because quite possibly the greatest college football player of all-time is no longer there.

Florida learned the hard way how that goes.

Brutalis

Reaction score
No sir. Florida is averaged out at #22. After having a "down" year in Gator terms they had a nice class and they'll likely be headed to the Gator or Outback this year. Florida didn't learn anything the "hard" way.

My point remains though, I don't think there's ever been such low expectations for a NT winner in the following season. Their Vegas over/under for wins this year is 6.5! Not hating, just have never seen that before from a defending champ.

And I'll just ignore that comment about the greatest ever. I needed a good laugh before work. +1

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
I'm saying that when Tebow left Florida, they went from being one of the best teams in the NCAA to being unranked.

The same thing is going to happen to Auburn, they lost the best player in the NCAA and they're going to suffer big time.

Name a football player who had a better season than Killa Cam had this past season. Name a football player who carried a more mediocre team to a National Championship victory.

Brutalis

Reaction score
Florida was like 34 or 35 in preseason, but finished ranked. Auburn will likely do the same. And to say one player carried a mediocre team is off bro. From Big Z on the O-Line to that Nick fella they had a damn good team.

It was Cash Money's athletic ability that propelled his success. He was nothing but an SEC version of Vince Young. And when he is not performing to anyone's expectations in a few years, that's when the NCAA hammer will fall and it'll be another Reggie Bush scenario I believe.

But of course our opinions are just that.

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
59, according to Athlon's Preseason rankings

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
It makes sense tho

Anyone who had an ounce of talent left for the Draft, and our coach left

Were gonna suck :D

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Florida was like 34 or 35 in preseason, but finished ranked. Auburn will likely do the same. And to say one player carried a mediocre team is off bro. From Big Z on the O-Line to that Nick fella they had a damn good team.

It was Cash Money's athletic ability that propelled his success. He was nothing but an SEC version of Vince Young. And when he is not performing to anyone's expectations in a few years, that's when the NCAA hammer will fall and it'll be another Reggie Bush scenario I believe.

But of course our opinions are just that.
Erm, this past season Florida started ranked in the top 5 and finished unranked...

Cam carried that team and there is no question about it.

Who cares what propelled his success? He completely dominated college football.

Brutalis

Reaction score
I was looking at something else then.

Without Lee Ziemba Auburn would not have done what they did. Ask Auburn fans bro, better yet my own cousin who is a Auburn fan. Their own fans say this bro.

One player doesn't go undefeated. He got there because of the talent and support underneath him. Once again, go to any Auburn fan and ask them yourself. I think they have a better idea why they were successful than you or I. Not counting who got paid and what booster did what of course.

BlueNation

Reaction score
I'm saying that when Tebow left Florida, they went from being one of the best teams in the NCAA to being unranked.

The same thing is going to happen to Auburn, they lost the best player in the NCAA and they're going to suffer big time.

Name a football player who had a better season than Killa Cam had this past season. Name a football player who carried a more mediocre team to a National Championship victory.
No one player carries a team to a national championship. Sure he was a great player but he had other great players to back him up. Football may be the most team intensive sport, and to think Cam Newton single handedly won that national championship is totally absurd.

Michigan resides at #40

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I'm not surprised we're at #40. I didn't expect us to be ranked in preseason, that'd be ridiculous. We have started not ranked lately and have managed to crack the rankings at some point during the season. I'd see that happening again, even if for a short while.

Oiler35

Reaction score
Ohio State is at #5.

I really think that's too high, especially with the Tressel/ Pryor controversy, and that fact that it will be hard adjusting without both.

Brutalis

Reaction score
Yeah I don't seem them in a BCS bowl this year.

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
Doesn't matter till we win it all.

Brutalis

Reaction score
SEC is between 3 teams teams this year, and USCe imo isn't one of them. They are being a bit over hyped this year.

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
SEC is between 3 teams teams this year, and USCe imo isn't one of them. They are being a bit over hyped this year.
Hmm, Best Wide receiver in college. Top Prospect this last year and top 5 running back in the nation. Over - hyped ? Sure. I can take being over hyped if we win it all.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Hmm, Best Wide receiver in college. Top Prospect this last year and top 5 running back in the nation. Over - hyped ? Sure. I can take being over hyped if we win it all.
You're not winning it all and won't finish in the top 10 in the rankings, shut the fuck up.

Not like you even give a fuck about SC anyway.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Alabama is #2, I can accept that, but I think they could be #1 easily.

Boise State is #7, I think that is a good spot for them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%