Warner has hip labrum repaired with surgery, 'feeling great'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oiler35

Reaction score
TEMPE, Ariz. -- Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner has undergone arthroscopic surgery on his left hip.

The team said that the operation to repair a torn labrum and "clean up some loose fragments" was performed Tuesday by Dr. Marc Philippon at the Steadman Hawkins Clinic in Vail, Colo.

Philippon, who operated on Yankees slugger Alex Rodriguez's hip last week, said the surgery went well and Warner's range of motion with the hip immediately improved.

"Everything went well and I'm feeling great," Warner said in a statement released by the team Wednesday. "I began rehab on a stationary bike just a few hours after surgery and then a couple of more times today."

Warner played with the injury last season, starting all 20 games in the Cardinals' run to the Super Bowl.

"Although I could have continued to play with it, I felt this was the best for short term success on the field as well as long term comfort off the field," he said. "I am ready to go back to work and back to normal so we can build on what we accomplished last season."

Warner is expected to sit out the team's mini-camp May 1-3 but hopes to be ready for voluntary team workouts that begin May 19.

"We talked right after the season and we all agreed that this procedure was the best option and this would be a good time," coach Ken Whisenhunt said. "I talked to Kurt today and he felt good. I don't think we're going to push him to do much at mini-camp and see the OTAs (voluntary workouts) as a more realistic target."

The surgery comes two weeks after the 37-year-old quarterback signed a two-year, $23 million contract - with a $15 million signing bonus - to stay with the Cardinals.
Courtesy CBS Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%