USC Retains Clay Helton as Head Coach

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
Time to shut down all those Chip Kelly rumors. USC has officially removed the "interim" tag from his title. Helton is 5-2 this season, heading to the Pac 12 championship, and perhaps most important, he's well-liked among players and colleagues.

This is probably the most rational decision USC has made with their program in a long time. Helton is making strides and will bring the continuity to next season the Trojans need. Either way, Pat Hayden is out if this doesn't work. I'm curious to see how well Helton recruits.

BRAAP!

Reaction score
This is going to end up like Luke Fickell at Ohio State. They hired him now while they wait for a bigger name to become available. I'd be shocked if he was the head coach for more than two seasons.

Lynch Mob

Banned
Reaction score
BRAAP! said:
This is going to end up like Luke Fickell at Ohio State. They hired him now while they wait for a bigger name to become available. I'd be shocked if he was the head coach for more than two seasons.
Not really. Fickell was appointed interim for 2011 and 2011 alone. Helton was in the same boat but has now been handed the keys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%