Twitter/Facebook Log-In Added

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
In the process of trying to catch up to 2010's, I've added a Twitter Connect and Facebook Connect. 

They should both appear as options when people view the site to register or log-in. Along with that, this now gives all members the ability to connect their Facebook or Twitter pages to their account on here right now.

Simply go in to your My Settings Tab:

And then you should be able to connect your account. It will also give you the opportunity to change your username to your Facebook name, although I'm not sure if that is an option for Twitter. If you encounter any issues when trying to connect, let me know. 

If you guys have any other suggestions for things we can add to the site, please don't hesitate to start a topic in the Contact Us section. 

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I get a error for the facebook one, but the twitter one works.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
hmm, i just got that too when I tried to connect it. Facebook's connect process was more in-depth than Twitter. I'll take a look tonight. I probably just copied the wrong thing. 

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Fixed. I had to go in to the developer app on facebook and change the URL. I didn't have to do that with Twitter for some reason. Stupid Facebook. 

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
You can change your username to your real name (which you could do before anyhow), it can automatically update your "status" on SI with your facebook status. it will update your about me page, stuff like that.

Fuhgeddaboudit

Reaction score
Hate people knowing I post on a site but changing to real name sounds cool

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
well you could go on your profile here a week ago and change your username to your real name if you wanted to. 

This is mainly for people that sign up, they can do it quickly through Facebook or Twitter and save time. That way they avoid the confirmation email. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%