Shoutbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

tugg

Reaction score
so im new here and have no idea if its ever been disscussed, but it would be completely hardcore if this site had a shoutbox. BOOM

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
eh i feel thats why BSX died.... the shoutbox became more popular than anything else there (well, and kam lol). This site here's been runnin very well for years now; no need for change

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't like the idea of a shoutbox. The CT (community thread) is pretty much the same thing, just looks nicer.

Dorado

LiveLoveA$AP
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't like the idea of a shoutbox. The CT (community thread) is pretty much the same thing, just looks nicer.
yeah besides a SB makes the site run slower

TTN2810

Reaction score
And the CT gives us posts :D
It's still being active in the site too.
SB sucks.

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
yeah besides a SB makes the site run slower
lol not by much... who the fuck still has a dial up connection these days

shoutbox ftw.

plus refreshing the page when you want to have a conversation blows balls

TTN2810

Reaction score
SB gets out of hand though ALOT.
Tons of fights and horrible pictures lol.

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
SB gets out of hand though ALOT.
Tons of fights and horrible pictures lol.
hahhahaa I can't really argue with that
Iono, I think it would be cool if we atleast gave it a shot.... nobody is saying we have to keep it if it doesn't work

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, upper staff has talked about this often.
Basically already have the shoutbox, with the Community Thread. We feel that if we added a shoutbox, it would take away from the good discussions we have on the boards.

Dorado

LiveLoveA$AP
Reaction score
hahhahaa I can't really argue with that
Iono, I think it would be cool if we atleast gave it a shot.... nobody is saying we have to keep it if it doesn't work
i think they did have one here a while back, it didnt work out tho

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think they've already tried it before if I'm not mistaken.

tugg

Reaction score
ive watched at least six different gfx sites die over the last 6-7 years, a shoutbox has nothing to do with it. gfx sites just dont last long period. they need to be attatched to something bigger like this site. plus the shoutbox is completely diff than posting in a thread, much quicker convos, and you get to know the members better making it a more personal community. as far as bad pics go, you could always disable the ability to post pics in the box, and honestley argumets happened alot more in normal threads than in the shoutbox, at least in there they go by very quickly, should do it, i think the pros far outweigh the cons here

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The site has been standing for 4 years and has been successful without a shoutbox. The shoutbox also makes the site look less professional and most people here, or at least the members who have been here the longest will say no to the shoutbox.

Phil The Thrill

Reaction score
Personally IDGAF, each have pros and cons. Some people end up "controlling" the shoutbox if you know what I mean, and just become dicks in it.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
My personal opinion is that shoutboxes are bush-league. My experience is that after the first few days, shoutboxes are only utilized by the same 3-5 members that just act like retards, back and forth. As an Admin, I can tell you that SI has long outgrown the potential for a shoutbox. New members might not realize just how long this site has been around. The hundreds and hundreds of pages worth the CT discussion thread prove that we don't need shoutbox in order to shoot the breeze.

No shoutbox. If you want to chat, go to the CT. If that isn't enough...well then that is what AIM is for.

dcpwner

Reaction score
i hope you mean thousands and thousands of pages in the CT

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Okay gentlemen...TOPIC CLOSED.

Staff included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%