Rivera closing in on All Time saves record

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
Mariano Rivera is just 8 saves away from passing Hoffman for the All Time lead in saves. I know saves is an overrated stat but regardless it's a great accomplishment. Hopefully he gets it this month.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
it's overrated, but if someone should have the record, it's the best closer ever

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I recall like a month ago, all the Yankee fans freaking out that Rivera was done because he blew 2 saves in a week. After that I stopped reading the NY Daily News and stopped listening to WFAN NY aside from Boomer & Carton in the AM.

But yeah, it's a big record but I wonder how long it'll last. Keep in mind Closers have only been utilized for a few decades so it's interesting to see how much more their used in the future and how much easier it is for these guys to rack up saves.

But no doubt, best closer of all time.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
I recall like a month ago, all the Yankee fans freaking out that Rivera was done because he blew 2 saves in a week. After that I stopped reading the NY Daily News and stopped listening to WFAN NY aside from Boomer & Carton in the AM.

But yeah, it's a big record but I wonder how long it'll last. Keep in mind Closers have only been utilized for a few decades so it's interesting to see how much more their used in the future and how much easier it is for these guys to rack up saves.

But no doubt, best closer of all time.
Then again, it seems like closers are always so inconsistent that we may never see a pitcher be as consistent for as long as Mo has been to reach the record.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
That is a good point, although I was actually thinking along the lines of teams valuing relief pitching prospects much more than they have in the past.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%