Report: Hanley may need shoulder surgery

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post is hearing "unconfirmed buzz" that Hanley Ramirez has a serious shoulder injury that will require surgery.
Ramirez was set to return from the disabled list later this week, but he suffered a setback with his shoulder during a minor league rehab game Wednesday night. He was sent back to Miami for further evaluation, but it sounds like his status for the rest of his season and perhaps the early part of 2012 may be in doubt. Stay tuned.
-rotoworld

Really a disappointing year for such a talented player. Hopefully he makes a recovery from this and can come back strong next year.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Yeah, i read that he was in a ton of pain and his shoulder swelled up a lot and quickly.

Their season is basically shot so it's safer to just shut him down to prevent worsening the shoulder. And yeah it has been a down year, but he's also had a bit of an attitude problem. But i think part of his rough year is because he's been batting cleanup, although I expect that spot in the lineup to be Stanton's next year, for the entire year.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Update: He definitely is getting the surgery, which is scheduled for this Thursday.

According to Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post, Dr. James Andrews will perform the surgery next Thursday.

The Marlins hope Ramirez will be ready for spring training, but we won’t get an accurate timetable for his return until the surgery is complete. Early word is that he may need 4-6 months to rehab, which could put him at risk for missing the early part of the 2012 season and the opening of the new Marlins’ ballpark.

Ramirez, 27, batted just .243/.333/.379 with 10 homers, 45 RBI and a .712 OPS over 385 plate appearances this season. He is under contract for $15 million in 2012, $15.5 million in 2013 and $16 million in 2014.
NBC Sports

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%