Redskins Line up with 10 men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
ESPN - The message was all too clear: Sean Taylor is gone forever.

For all of the No. 21 jerseys, waving towels and handwritten signs in the stands Sunday, for all of the flowers at a makeshift memorial outside the stadium, for all of the pregame tributes to the Pro Bowl safety, the most stark reminder of Taylor's plight came when the Washington Redskins lined up on defense for the first time since he was shot to death.

Instead of 11 Redskins on the field, as rules allow, there were 10.

As the Buffalo Bills got ready to run their first play midway through the first quarter, the man who replaced Taylor in the starting lineup, Reed Doughty, stood near coaches on the sideline with his arms crossed. After watching while Bills running back Fred Jackson gained 22 yards, Doughty entered for the next play -- and made the tackle.
Sad game he will truly be missed!

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I saw this game on local TV here & that first Defensive play for the Redskins was very emotional. Head Coaches also carry depth-chart cards, similar to line-up cards used by Baseball Managers. Joe Gibbs has announced that Sean Taylor will remain penciled in as the Starter for the remainder of the season on his.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I saw this game on local TV here & that first Defensive play for the Redskins was very emotional. Head Coaches also carry depth-chart cards, similar to line-up cards used by Baseball Managers. Joe Gibbs has announced that Sean Taylor will remain penciled in as the Starter for the remainder of the season on his.
Man, that is very sad, and a great thing to do. RIP Taylor.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
yeah this is sad, makes me kind of teary hearing about this stuff :/ R.I.P. #21

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yeah this is sad, makes me kind of teary hearing about this stuff :/ R.I.P. #21
Same here.
It really has been a sad two weeks in sports like 10 people in sports passed away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%