Rank Your Top 10 Running Backs

Mooche

Reaction score
Of the 2010 season. Based strictly on what you think they will do going into this year, at this point.

1. Adrian Peterson
2. Chris Johnson
3. MJD
4. Michael Turner
5. Ray Rice
6. DeAngelo Williams
7. Rashard Mendenhall
8. Steven Jackson
9. Cedric Benson
10. Frank Gore

No real surprises on my list. A few of you guys may be surprised at how high I have Rashard Mendenhall. My explanation is that, looking at the Steelers this season, a lot of speculation has been made that they want to get back to running the football. Mendy has a boat-load of potential, he is strong and physical and overall I feel is going to be very effective in their scheme. I am not a firm believer in CJ2K. I think he will be damn strong this season, but I do not truly believe he will register anywhere to the numbers he posted that were so impressive this season. Adrian had a very productive year last year, but it will always be looked upon as the year where he coughed up the football in the most costly and bad times in the NFC Championship game against New Orleans. I think All Day will be able to get back on track this season, and if he can stay healthy, will round out on top of the running backs for the upcoming season.

How do you guys have the running backs ranked for this season?

The Young One

The Champion
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I have pretty much the same list except I put Jamaal Charles on mine instead of mendenhall.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
1. Chris Johnson
2. Adrian Peterson
3. Steven Jackson
4. Maurice Jones-Drew
5. Ray Rice
6. Frank Gore
7. Ryan Grant
8. Ronnie Brown
9. Jamaal Charles
10. Cedric Benson

I give CJ2K and Adrian Peterson maybe two more good seasons a piece.

The thing now-a-days is, outside of LT, great runningbacks usually falter sooner or later.

Steven Jackson is a best, but on a <Censored>ty team, MJD may have peaked out last season, and Jamaal Charles is on the rise.

TTN2810

Reaction score
1. Chris Johnson - as long as he doesn't break the 30 day rule and miss this year, he will solidify his spot at #1. He probably shouldn't take as many carries as last year so he's not worn down, but he will have at least 1700-1800 yards.

2. Maurice Jones-Drew - He is the only reason the Jags aren't one of the worst. They just have to give him the ball more. Sure there were some games where he has 25+ carries, but there were games where he got it less than 10. He only had 312 carries last year, less than 20 a game, and still managed almost 1400 yards. If he gets the ball, he'll surpass Adrian.

3. Ray Rice - The guys a beast. He only had 254 carries last year, and he still had 1339 yards. That's 5.3 a carry. Give him the ball 100 more times and he has 1800+ yards. He should get the ball more this year, and the upgrade in their passing game this year should be a little boost too.

4. Adrian Peterson - This guy IMO is overrated. Sure he had 18 TD's but how many were on the goal line? From what I saw of the Vikes, most of them were inside the 5. That is something any sizable back can do. Someone perhaps like Toby Gerhart. There is no doubt he is very very good, but he's not the best at what he does.

5.Michael Turner - He had an off year last year, could be because he was worn down from a few years ago. He should be back in his form.

6. Rashard Mendenhall

7. Cedric Benson

8. Steven Jackson

9. Jonathan Stewart

10. DeAngelo Williams

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Adrian Peterson is overrated as hell. CJ2K led the NFL in touches, which is why I said he's racking up the miles, and quickly. Barring injury, which I regret to say is destined to happen, he'll have some good years ahead of him.

Turner is getting old and is probably done for, Maurice Jones-Drew shouldn't have set those first years, he's not a <Censored>ing quarterback, he won't reach his prime in a few years as Rodgers did. Nowadays running-backs need to play young.

Ray Rice is gonna only get better, which saddens me as he's from Rutgers.

Also, Knowshown is gonna wither away to nothing, as has Lawrence Maroney. He plays in a premiere pass offense, he's not gonna get the carries and he's not Brian Westbrook.

Mooche

Reaction score
How is AP overrated? Really. He has many touchdowns inside the 5, but I don't see that as a sign of being an "overrated" back, but more so the sign of a versatile back. He has the size to pound the rock in from short yardage, and he has the size that allows him to hit the homerun as he has damn good speed for that size. I hate Oklahoma and Oklahoma alumni with a passion, let me tell you that. Adrian Peterson is simply a guy you don't want to play against, he will batter and bruise your defense. I hated when my Horns would be playing against him. :(

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
1. Maurice Jones-Drew
2. Chris Johnson
3. DeAngelo Williams
4. Ray Rice
5. Michael Turner
6. Adrian Peterson
7. Frank Gore
8. Steven Jackson
9. Jonathan Stewart
10. Beanie Wells

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
How is AP overrated? Really. He has many touchdowns inside the 5, but I don't see that as a sign of being an "overrated" back, but more so the sign of a versatile back. He has the size to pound the rock in from short yardage, and he has the size that allows him to hit the homerun as he has damn good speed for that size. I hate Oklahoma and Oklahoma alumni with a passion, let me tell you that. Adrian Peterson is simply a guy you don't want to play against, he will batter and bruise your defense. I hated when my Horns would be playing against him. :(
He'll run out of gas in two seasons.

Mooche

Reaction score
He'll run out of gas in two seasons.
You are saying this based on what? With your logic, CJ should be done in one year with all of his touches. Adrian is still one hell of a back. Come on Blake. :p

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
I'll never change my mind that he's overrated. It'll never happen.

During last seasons playoffs;
Against Dallas; 26 touches, 63 yards, 0 touchdowns, 2.6 yards per carry
Against New Orleans; 25 touches, 122 yards, 3 touchdowns, 4.2 yards per carry

Two of those touchdowns came on the goal-line.

He had one good game in the playoffs last season, and his team still lost.

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
1. Maurice Jones-Drew
2. Chris Johnson
3. DeAngelo Williams
4. Ray Rice
5. Michael Turner
6. Adrian Peterson
7. Frank Gore
8. Steven Jackson
9. Jonathan Stewart
10. Beanie Wells
sucks that j-stew doesn't get as many carries because of deangelo. both are beast

Mooche

Reaction score
I'll never change my mind that he's overrated. It'll never happen.

During last seasons playoffs;
Against Dallas; 26 touches, 63 yards, 0 touchdowns, 2.6 yards per carry
Against New Orleans; 25 touches, 122 yards, 3 touchdowns, 4.2 yards per carry

Two of those touchdowns came on the goal-line.

He had one good game in the playoffs last season, and his team still lost.

Hmm. I forgot that two bad games makes a career. :rolleyes:

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, he's a 1400 yard back at least without DeAngelo. Some could argue he's even better than DeAngelo..

Mooche

Reaction score
Yeah, he's a 1400 yard back at least without DeAngelo. Some could argue he's even better than DeAngelo..
There is no doubt that J-Stew is one hell of a RB. However, I still think DeAngelo is the man. He has a wicked burst, he's sneaky fast and has good moves.

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
There is no doubt that J-Stew is one hell of a RB. However, I still think DeAngelo is the man. He has a wicked burst, he's sneaky fast and has good moves.
they a both beasts... in completely different ways. i wanna play madden with carolina now lol

TTN2810

Reaction score
Mooche, the inside 5 yard line TD's isn't talent. Look how many Lendale White had. If he was all he said to be, he would earn his TD's by breaking of 25+ yards TD's, like CJ, MJD and even himself in his rookie year. Getting TD's inside the 5 is like a WR getting 200 catches, but all off the line passes for a yard. Sure he sets a record for catches, but has he really done anything?

Oh, and about CJ, I would say he has more than 2 years, but they will wear him right out if they continue too give him all these touches. So what if he doesn't get 2000 again, because sure it would be nice, but not at the price for the rest of his career. As long as the bring down his total touches a game to about 20, I think he should be fine until hes 28-29.

Mooche

Reaction score
You are missing the point man... If he can pound it in side the five, it's just an asset - that's not all he can do like you made him out to be earlier. I said it's another dimension to his game. LenDale can't be compared to AP because he had NO other abilities than pounding it in and being a good fantasy back for a year or two there. :p

CJ doesn't have the body to last in the NFL. He's going to need to bulk up (which I believe he already has) and as soon as that speed starts to wear down from taking the pounding of the NFL, it's over. Willie Parker may not have been as good, but he is damn good example. Willie had that span where he was absolute dynamite, but the injuries and little knicks added up forcing him to put on weight. He bulked up - lost that speed - and he was never the same. Yes, he came into the league older but regardless, the same could very well apply with CJ. I would not be surprised at all.

TTN2810

Reaction score
I'm not saying that's all AP can do, but he would be so much better if he could get TD's outside the 5 becuase then he's have like double the TD's.

He has bulked up. Even before the draft, doctors said he could add 15 pounds without losing any speed. So, if he added 15, he would be up to 215, which is a good weight. That's what Ladainian was his whole career and he had about 7 really strong seasons.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
D-Mac will be on the list after the season is all said and done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%