Player Comparison - Week 1

Who is better?

• Peyton Hillis

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Arian Foster

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I'm gonna start doing these every week now. Who is better? Arian Foster, or Peyton Hills.

Arian Foster

Rushing
Attempts 266
Yards 1,330
Average per carry 5.0
Touchdowns 13

Receiving
Receptions 54
Yards 504
Average per reception 9.3
Touchdowns 2

Fumbles 3
Fumbles lost 2

Peyton Hillis

Rushing
Attempts 238
Yards 1,070
Average per carry 4.5
Touchdowns 11

Receiving
Receptions 57
Yards 446
Average per reception 7.8
Touchdowns 2

Fumbles 8
Fumbles lost 5

Changed my mind. Going with Hillis now.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Arian Foster is having a the better year but he has been the starter since day 1 and has more support.

Reaction score
Arian Foster is having a the better year but he has been the starter since day 1 and has more support.
Yessir. Having Schaub, and Andre help a ton. Gonna be interesting once McCoy get a real threat at receiver in the draft, like Blackmon, or even AJ Green, but I doubt it.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
It's Hillis and it isn't even close.

I like Foster, but Houston runs nearly the same blocking system that Denver/Mike Shanahan used all them years and found all them nobody runningbacks and allowed them to get 1,000 yards. I think hes a product of the System. I can honestly say I haven't seen anybody run like Hillis since John Riggins.

Mooche

Reaction score

I like Foster, but Houston runs nearly the same blocking system that Denver/Mike Shanahan used all them years and found all them nobody runningbacks and allowed them to get 1,000 yards. I think hes a product of the System. I can honestly say I haven't seen anybody run like Hillis since John Riggins.
I agree with .kam

I truly think he is a system product, who no doubt has some talent, but is playing above his level this year. I expect him to decline and slow down during next year. Peyton is simply a one man show. The defense is completely keying on him with Delhomme at QB in some cases, and he is still putting up very productive numbers. He is a freak of nature.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I'm going with Hillis. The fumbles can be misleading. Foster is having a great year and all, but he did pretty much nothing before this year. Hillis had limited touches in Denver, and did a lot with them. Both guys are still young, and both have similar career numbers. Just when I watch Hillis, he has that wow factor. I don't see that in Foster. Especially with the support Foster gets compared to Hillis.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
They've both had really good/productive years and pretty much came from no where but I'm going with Arian Foster.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score

Who are those nobody's that got 1000 yards??? Just wondering.

I voted Foster. His stats are better, he's fumbled less, he's a better running back. Hillis is good, but he needs to get better before he is on Foster's level.

Hurricane Season

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Who are those nobody's that got 1000 yards??? Just wondering.
Tatum Bell, Reuben Droughns, Olandis Gary, Mike Anderson...all of those guys would be "nobodies" IMO.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Eh I still think thats not much of an argument against Foster...

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Eh I still think thats not much of an argument against Foster...
Thats not an argument? Thats exactly an argument.
Even John McClain (Houston Texans Beat Writer) said before the season on twitter "In this system, I can see Foster really getting 1000+ yards. The system works for him and fits him perfectly"

Lets not forget the fact that Foster has Schaub, Johnson, Daniels and not 8 in the box every play like Hillis because Hillis has NOBODY around him. The ZBS is why Foster is Foster. If he was on another team, he'd be playing like a UDFA.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lol just cause he has a good system around him? lol that is so not a good argument. I'd say put him on the Browns and he would still be putting up higher #s then Hillis.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
lol just cause he has a good system around him? lol that is so not a good argument. I'd say put him on the Browns and he would still be putting up higher #s then Hillis.
SMH.

Have you seriously never heard of Shanhans/Kubiaks blocking system that allows them to just plug in anybody and go? Why do you think they never draft 1st round runningbacks?

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
So why can't Denver run the ball this season????

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I picked Hillis. Because just like kam said foster is just a product of the system houston is running.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Because they dont have a coach that does the blocking formations that Shannan or Kubiak does.

kam.

Mr. Blackmon
Reaction score
Because Shanahan is in Washington (Ryan Torain - In the games hes played, hes looked pretty good.. and thats because of the blocking system)

Kubiak is in Houston, Fosters team.

STLZACH

Go Blues!
Reaction score
Is this part of the favorite player's thing that we sent in?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%