Pitching or Hitting?

would you rather see a 2-1 pitchers duel or a 9-8 slugfest?

• Pitchers duel

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Slugfest

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • neither

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
With scoring trending down in recent years and pitching being more in the spotlight, would you rather see a 2-1 pitchers duel or a 9-8 slugfest?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Depends who is pitching. I like seeing two power pitchers go at it. I wouldn't want to see two guys pitching to contact in a 2-1 game.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Depends who is pitching. I like seeing two power pitchers go at it. I wouldn't want to see two guys pitching to contact in a 2-1 game.
This but since jays have so many pitchers that pitch to contact, I'm used to seeing it. I like seeing a slugfest though.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I like a slugfest because for some odd reason I get nervous during pitchers duel's because I feel like the pitcher cant make the smallest mistake. When its a slugfest, you always feel your team is in it to win. Although great pitching performances are always fun to watch.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
More scoring is more exciting IMO but I'm an NL fan so I'm used to great pitching duels haha

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I love good pitching, but slugfests are more appealing.

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
this year the jays have been all about Homers or pitchin performances so i get to see both

tbuc

Reaction score
I'm the only one who likes to see a good ole pitchers duel?!?!?

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
I'd personally rather see a pitchers duel. It puts you on edge the whole game. Every time you see a base hit, or see a runner get into scoring position your either excited and pumped up for a chance to score our your watching on edge worried they are going to score the one run that decides this close game. The game that comes to mind is that Yankees/ Red Sox game a couple years ago between Burnett and Beckett. When it went into extra innings at 0-0 until A-Rod ended it with a walkoff homerun. The whole game your glued to the tv because you know whoever scores first is probably going to win the game. I don't know that's just me.

BCRondo9

Reaction score
I like a slugfest because for some odd reason I get nervous during pitchers duel's because I feel like the pitcher cant make the smallest mistake. When its a slugfest, you always feel your team is in it to win. Although great pitching performances are always fun to watch.
I deffinitely agree where you are coming from here. When it is a low scoring game and we lose the lead, I feel like there is almost no hope. Ina slugfest I feel like my team could come back alot easier then in a pitching duel.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Both can be great to watch but a slugfest is just fun. Homerun after homerun and the game is close, it is a great feeling.

BCRondo9

Reaction score
I'd personally rather see a pitchers duel. It puts you on edge the whole game. Every time you see a base hit, or see a runner get into scoring position your either excited and pumped up for a chance to score our your watching on edge worried they are going to score the one run that decides this close game. The game that comes to mind is that Yankees/ Red Sox game a couple years ago between Burnett and Beckett. When it went into extra innings at 0-0 until A-Rod ended it with a walkoff homerun. The whole game your glued to the tv because you know whoever scores first is probably going to win the game. I don't know that's just me.
I could go both ways though, this was such a great game. Probably the longest game I have watched in a while.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I said slugfest but i'd be fine with either. Depending on the pitchers. I don't want to see a slugfest with power pitchers, or a 2-1 pitchers duel with two bottom rotation guys. Verlander vs. King Felix, i'd like to see a duel. Coke vs. Vazquez, not so much.

The Edge

Reaction score
Being a pure fan of MLB i prefer the 1-0, 2-1 games but The younger audience that has been introduced to the steroid era, I can see where they would think its boring games to watch. Give me a 1-0 game with 4 baserunners combined over a game where the lead changes hands several times or a big comeback is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%