Notre Dame fires head football coach Charlie Weis

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Charlie Weis is out as Notre Dame head football coach, a source close to the program told the Daily News.

AD Jack Swarbrick has decided to make a change after Weis finished the season with a 6-6 record and four straight losses to Navy, Pitt, Connecticut and Stanford.

Weis coached Notre Dame for five years and leaves with a 35-27 record. He has told friends in South Bend he has at least six offers from NFL teams to become their offensive coordinator.

This past weekend against Stanford Weis refused to do halftime and postgame media interviews. He reportedly cleaned out his office Thursday before the team left for the West Coast. Weis is not the only one apparently leaving. Junior quarterback Jimmy Clausen was seen giving his football helmet to his familly following a 45-38 loss to Stanford in which he threw five touchdown passes, a strong indication he will declare for the NFL draft.

The players and coaches have been off limits to the media ever since they arrived back on campus but the team leadership committee was to meet Monday afternoon to vote on whether to accept a bowl bid if it is offered. It is unlikely Weis will coach the team in that game.

Source: New York Daily News
6 offers is a lot for an offensive coordinator position, but it seems like he doesnt care that he got fired and is ready to get out of there as soon as possible.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Man. I like Charlie, wish him the best.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He'll find a job in the NFL as an OC without a doubt. He could work for free too lol, he's gonna be making over 15 million I think by getting fired.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Ive been hearing rumors that Bob Stoops would be a candidate to coach at Notre Dame. Sounds interesting since Stoops has been a really good coach at Oklahoma.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
I heard they want Meyer.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Word here is NE is looking to bring Charlie back, I think as an assistant though

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
Jets need a new OC... <_<

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
Word here is NE is looking to bring Charlie back, I think as an assistant though
Wouldn't be a bad idea, not like he needs a large check to bring him in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%