NFL Week 1 Roundup

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Welcome to the first edition of the NFL Week 1 Roundup. I tested this out with MLB on labor day weekend and got positive feedback. What I'll be doing here is highlighting big plays, injuries, breakouts, duds, etc. Unfortunately, I won't be able to do every matchup because tl;dr.

If you have any ideas on how to improve this feel free to PM me.

Let's goooo

Antonio Brown

We start off with the obvious on Saturday - after a rollercoaster of a pre-season, the Antonio Brown saga in Oakland came to an abrupt end when the receiver cursed out his GM, tried to fight him, apologized, posted an audio of Jon Gruden, asked to be released - and then was subsequently released. Within a few hours, he had a new home - the New England Patriots, of course. The deal is for 1 year, $15M with heavy incentives.

Now on to the real action

Sammy Watkins Had a Day
9 receptions, 198 receiving yards, 3 TDs

The Chiefs had an easy win over the Jaguars, 40-26. However, they lost their top WR Tyreek Hill for a few weeks with a sternum/clavicle injury.

Hollywood Brown & Lamar Jackson
17-for-20, 324 passing yards, 5 touchdowns
4 Receptions, 147 receiving yards, 2 TDs

Christian McCaffery
128 rushing yards, 10 receptions, 81 receiving yards, 2 TDs

Despite his dynamic performance, I think the game ball should go to this guy.

http://instagr.am/p/B2Kj0gYB6mH/
It's a Tie
We had our first tie of the season courtesy of the Cardinals & Lions. Final score 27-27. And seriously, how can you win when you play like this?

Saquon Barkley vs the Dallas Cowboys

Saquon Barkley is pretty damn good.

Unfortunately, he doesn't play defense. Dak Prescott had a field day throwing for 4 TDs.

Cameron Wake, DE, Titans
3 total tackles, 2.5 sacks, 2 tackles for loss, 2 QB hits, 1 safety

Sam Hubbard, DE, Bengals
10 total tackles, 2 sacks, 2 tackles for loss, 4 QB hits

Anthony Harris, S, Vikings
5 total tackles, 2 interceptions, 1 fumble recovery, 2 pass breakups

58 Yards for the Win

On Monday night, the Raiders surprised many by overcoming the weekend's chaos and defeated the Broncos 24-16. Rookie RB Josh Jacobs had an impressive night. He had 85 yards on 23 carries, and reached the endzone twice. Jacobs also had a 28-yard reception.

That's all for this week. Feel free to chime in with any plays, peromances or milestones you witnessed.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%