NFL goes with Directv for another 8 years!

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
Not what I wanted to here.  I am a Dish guy.  Either way, I still love me some RedZone and will be fine with that for years to come.  I get the Cards games at home so I don't really need ST.  I would think that the NFL would make more money spreading it out over more networks though.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/10/01/media/directv/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Just means the prices will be going up even more.. You know who will be paying the price for that 50% increase 

Shaggy

Staff member
ADMIN
Reaction score
WHO-DEY-BENGALS_14_18 said:
Just means the prices will be going up even more.. You know who will be paying the price for that 50% increase 

Not me. ;)

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
You would think that, but I remember reading that a few years ago they let other networks bid on what to pay for the Sunday Ticket and DirecTV outbid them all by a lot. 

I wish it wasn't exclusive though, would be great to have comcast, charter, at&t, w/e and be able to purchase the Sunday Ticket. Either wya, DirecTV pays a shitloado f money to make sure they have it exclusively so the NFL is happy. 

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Shaggy said:

Not me.

Yeah, Dish Network is generally a little cheaper than DIRECTV. Don't have stuff like the NFL Sunday Ticket to pay for. Heck, I don't think Dish even carries MLB Extra Innings anymore. I'm feeling a good $5 increase in February. 

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
NFL Ticket isn't automatic -- you still have to pay extra for it. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%