Mets' Alonso Hits HR #52, Ties Judges Rookie Record

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
He’s been just what the doctor ordered for a Met franchise that has struggled to match their pitching prospects with some positional ones. Add some more legitimate hitters, along with fixing the bullpen(again), and they should be in the thick of a playoff race next year

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I'm real curious if guys like JD Davis and Jeff McNeil continue their impressive play next season. I think they have some potential there - Rosario looked good in the 2nd half, Ramos is a solid catcher, Dom Smith was good before his injury - if Nimmo is healthy next year we could have a solid lineup again.

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
Idk I feel like bringing back all the same guys and hoping for everything to break right this time is as Mets as it gets lol. McNeil is real, obviously Ramos is real offensively even though guys like Noah want personal catchers that can’t hit and then are upset when they lose 2-1...

It’s not likely to happen with the Wilpons but they need to spend money and bring in a real legitimate bat to pair with McNeil and Pete at the top/middle of that lineup..preferably right handed...Rendon would be perfect.

I think they have nice pieces that could put it together and have productive seasons, especially guys like Conforto, Davis...but I think they need to add some someone legit to play everyday and be a force

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I'm not as concerned with the lineup. If we didn't waste our payroll on Cano I think they could go get another bat, but they won't now.

They really need to invest in the bullpen and I'm concerned they won't do enough.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
I was going to come in with the take of how I think it's disgraceful that he has the record given how old he is plus the whole juiced ball thing, but then my friend corrected me and said Aaron Judge was 25 years old when he set it.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I don't see why age would make a difference. Judge was 25 like you said. Alonso is 24. Mcgwire was 23.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%