Media Has Panties in a Bunch Because Pujols Didnt Speak to Reporters After Game 2 Loss

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
It’s unclear how St. Louis will respond after fumbling away a grand chance to take command of this series. Pujols didn’t stick around to address the media after the game, after his botched cutoff of Jon Jay‘s throw from center allowed the winning run to advance into scoring position. The lack of accountability was inexcusable from a man who is frequently described as a good teammate — and will soon want to be paid like the greatest player in the game.

In almost every case, answering questions from the media has little to do with whether a team wins or loses its next game. But this was one occasion when Pujols, as a team spokesman, should have accepted the blame for his defensive blunder and reassured those inside and outside the clubhouse that the Cardinals were going to be fine. (There is no doubt Texas leader Michael Young would have done so if the Rangers had lost.)
-- Foxsports.com

Part of stardom – perhaps the hardest part – is accountability. Pujols is not accountable to the media. This is not about that. Nor is it about his accountability to fans that may or may not want to know how he spit the bit in a crucial game. Pujols, more than anything, must be accountable to his teammates, those he ostensibly leads. He needs to stand up after losses so Jason Motte and Jon Jay and and Allen Craig and David Freese don’t have to.
Yahoo Sports

Oh, cry me a fuckin river. I mean are these assholes serious? It's amazing. A player tells someone in the media something that turns out to be a bad thing to say, and everyone says "Gee, there's (Yada Yada) again runnin his fuckin mouth. You dont need to tell the whole world whats on your mind, just tell your teammates."

But when they dont talk to the media, everyone says the opposite. How the fuck do they know he didnt tell his teammates right away "i fucked up guys. Its my fault. We'll get 'em next game."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%