McNabb bashes Pam Oliver

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
"Donovan really seems to believe that his days in Philadelphia are numbered. When I spoke with him before the game, I got the impression that Donovan is a little hurt by what he sees as an organization distancing itself from him and an organization that’s overly concerned about the negative fan reaction to him."

"But Donovan told me point blank: 'My knee is not an issue. The next place I go, I will win,' and also that he will keep a smile on his face for as long he's in an Eagles uniform."

The comments of Fox sideline reporter Pam Oliver before Sunday's Eagles-Cowboys game, comments that have sparked quite the conundrum. Upon hearing of Oliver's pre-game comments, Donovan addressed reporters and denied the claims.

"I am denying I said it. Make sure you get it right," McNabb told the media after the win at Dallas.

"If I'm here, or wherever it might me, I'm going to give all that I have and I did that today. I'm going to continue to do that. You hear things and you get tired of answering questions, but I stand up here like a professional and I do it."

Interestingly enough, Oliver stands by her comments and even claims that McNabb's comments about the team were more pointed than she portrayed them to be, and that she toned them down in order to avoid getting him in hot water. Oliver spoke with the News Journal of Wilmington, Delaware on Monday.

"I just feel like our relationship is definitely broken,"
Oliver was quoted.

"It's not easy to be called a big, fat liar. You wake up to that and it's unpleasant."

"My only professional regret is: Why on Earth did I bend over backwards to make it less impactful?," she said. "And then wake up to . . . to someone throwing you under bus like that."

"All I can tell you is I stand by it 100 percent,"
she said. "It's on-my-mother's-grave accurate. That's the bottom line."

Does anybody else see where these networks are trying to get a little too in depth with the analysis? Dissecting performances and progress on the field is one thing but placing such an emphasis on who says what in the locker room is bound to cause disturbances such as this. The last thing any network needs either. If Players are misquoted or misrepresented by analysts, it leads to those players shutting out the media more and more. As for Pam Oliver and any other sideline reporter for that matter...they don't really matter. I know I can honestly live without Pam Oliver or Andrea Kramer telling me the obvious facts of the game I am watching. -AE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%