Knicks Land Melo

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The New York Knicks have acquired Carmelo Anthony, sources told ESPN The Magazine's senior writer Chris Broussard on Monday night.

Completing the deal, Denver will get Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov, the Knicks' 2014 first-round draft pick, the Warriors' 2012 second-round pick, the Warriors' 2013 second-round pick and $3 million in cash while Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams, Anthony Carter and Renaldo Balkman will head to New York, according to the Denver Post.

Anthony wasn't at the Nuggets' practice on Monday night. Instead, the All-Star forward was in Burbank, Calif., taping a segment on "Conan."

Anthony, who has been the subject of intense speculation as Thursday's trade deadline approaches, stayed behind in Los Angeles following the NBA All-Star Game while his teammates gathered at the Pepsi Center.

Team spokesman Tim Gelt told The Associated Press that Anthony's absence was excused. Late Monday afternoon, Anthony tweeted: "Headed to Burbank to film THE CONAN SHOW."

Anthony has been the subject of trade talks ever since he declined to sign a three-year, $65 million extension with the Nuggets last summer. His biggest pursuers were the Knicks and New Jersey Nets.
Needs its own thread.
Nuggets made out quite well in the end.
Glad it's over finally lol.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Eh. You'd think you could get more for a player of Melo's ability.

WhenIRap

valanciunas
Reaction score
this isn't the knicks anymore. I don't even want to be a fan anymore. The knicks used to be fun and they always were since I started watching basketball. They took all of my favorite players out and put in some superstars. Like I don't even care anymore. Even during a losing season i could be proud of my knicks but not anymore. I'm so mad right now, screw the knicks front office.

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ahh Rip you beat me to posting this lol. Nice deal both ways I guesss.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
this isn't the knicks anymore. I don't even want to be a fan anymore. The knicks used to be fun and they always were since I started watching basketball. They took all of my favorite players out and put in some superstars. Like I don't even care anymore. Even during a losing season i could be proud of my knicks but not anymore. I'm so mad right now, screw the knicks front office.
I feel this big time. I will root for them, and I am happy that we did something we think will help the team - but I don't think it will.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
naw, i just thought the package from the netsb was miles better.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Knicks should try trading for Tay or Rip now to make that title push hard as fuck this year.

jrscfnk

Reaction score
I think Knicks fans are letting their attachment to the guys that are leaving affect their opinion of the trade. Were Galinari, Felton and Chandler good? Hell yeah, and they were fun to watch. But you probably weren't gonna win a championship with that group of guys. Getting Carmelo gives them one of the best players in the league and gives them a group of stars in Amare and Melo to build around for years.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I'm just glad it's finally over. This calls for a celebration of sorts haha.
As for the deal. I'd say the Nuggets got the better part of the deal, overall. Both had great parts though because obviously Melo is one of the best players in the league and Chauncey still has the Big Shot capability. Both helped their teams.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It's about dang time. I think this helps the Nuggets quite a bit IMO. I wonder how Melo in NY will do...I think they gave up too much, but now they have a real good base.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
It will certainly be interesting to watch them, but they make the Heat look like a deep team..

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think anyone should count out Chauncey. I think he will have a rebirth in NY if he chooses to stay there.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
I'm watching Conan and he just said "Carmelo Anthony, currently on the Denver Nuggets. That could change any minute." made me laugh.

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
Nuggets raped this deal, IMO. Nonetheless, the Knicks have a good core with Billups, Melo, and Stoudamire. Hopefully they televise the first game both teams play with the new players. I'm 100% sure they will for the Knicks, not sure about the Nuggets though.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm almost more interested in seeing the new Nuggets than the Knicks.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Hopefully the Knicks - Heat rivalry can be revived over the next few years

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
I'm almost more interested in seeing the new Nuggets than the Knicks.
Same here, for sure. That will be interesting to see how they fare for the rest of the season.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
Nuggets will NOT move Gallo/Mozgov to NJ. "We got these guys to play for the Nuggets," GM Masai Ujiri says. Updated story soon on NBA.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%