Josh Hamilton: God Called Home Run

Big Bid'Ness

4 Life
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rangers center fielder Josh Hamilton says God told him he would hit a home run on Thursday night in Game 6 of the World Series.

However, he didn't receive a promise about the game's outcome.

St. Louis defeated Texas in the bottom of the 11th inning on a walk-off home run by third baseman David Freese.

Hamilton hit a towering home run in the top of the 10th inning, momentarily giving the Rangers a two-run lead.

"He told me, 'You haven't hit one in a while, and this is the time you're going to,'" said Hamilton, who had gone 65 at-bats in the postseason without a home run. "You know what? I probably had the most relaxed, peaceful at-bat I've had of the whole series at that moment. It's pretty cool. You ought to try it sometime."

God promised him a four-bagger, but made no mention of the Rangers' bullpen collapse or Freese's game-tying triple in the ninth inning and game-winning homer in the 11th.

"There was a period at the end of [the sentence]," Hamilton said. "He didn't say, 'You're going to hit it and you're going to win.'"

Via ESPN.com

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Not gonna knock the dude's beliefs but that was one damn good Homer

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
its just his subconscious. I mean, thats like Field of Dreams saying "If you build.... they might come"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%