Hideki Okajima Pondering Retirement

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
Reliever Hideki Okajima, currently pitching for Boston's Triple-A affiliate, says that his future beyond this season is up in the air, writes Brian MacPherson of The Providence Journal. Okajima will consider his options, including retirement.

"I don't know what I'm going to be doing next season," Okajima said through an interpreter. "I might retire. I might go back to Japan. I might be over here again. I'm not really sure. I just have to see where the offseason takes me once I get there."

After being clearing waivers and accepting a Triple-A assignment in May, the veteran said that he would like to be traded. In 34 appearances for the Pawtucket Red Sox this season, Okajima has a 2.29 ERA with 8.5 K/9 and 1.6 BB/9.
mlbtr

After the first couple years this guy had I thought he was going to end up being a valuable part in the Red Sox pen, but things clearly have not panned out that way.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
He should go back to Japan. He can clearly still pitch against lesser competition considering his minor league numbers and he would be in a place where he's a lot more comfortable and well known.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%