GB Game Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yay! Now we get to hear all week about how smart Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy are for closing the door on Favre and giving Aaron Rodgers the ball.

Green Bay beat Minnesota, and rightfully so, I am disgusted.

Minnesota spent $80 million in the off-season and looked exactly like the team I saw in 2007. A lot of dropped balls on the offensive side and horrible pass defense at the same time.

I thought Tarvaris Jackson looked pretty good for missing the last couple weeks with a sprained MCL. Jackson was very poised in the pocket, made good throws, and got loose in the open field for some solid gains. Jackson's last throw was an interception...but for some reason Shiancoe stopped his route.

Speaking of Shiancoe, when the f*ck will this guy learn how to catch and hold onto the ball? Minnesota's receivers were terrible as a whole. Not getting open, not catching the ball, and too much b*tching about how physical Green Bay's DBs were playing. Yes, Al Harris and Charles Woodson got away with a few pass interference calls but I love physical DBs and hey...it ain't cheating if you don't get caught.

I can't figure out some of the play-calling tonight. I don't understand why, on a crucial 3rd and 1, Minnesota comes out with a 3 WR set and passes. WTF? If your not going to hand the ball off on 3rd and 1...then don't make it look like your going to pass.

Tonight just reinforced my hatred towards the West Coast Offense even more. There's no reason this team should be passing on 1st down 90% of the time when you have Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor in the backfield.

Defensively, Minnesota didn't do sh*t to put pressure on Aaron Rodgers. The D-Line did a decent job shutting down the run, with the exception of Grant play, but where were the blitz packages? Does Childress have a problem with more than just a 4-man pass rush?

Same old story in the secondary. Our corners are physical but they did get beat. It hurts not having Madieu Williams in there and it hurts even more that Green Bay had so many completions in the middle of the field. Charles Gordon is on my Sh*t List for at least the next 7 days.

Why the f*ck are Darren Sharper and Cedric Griffin on the Kickoff Team? Griffin missed a couple of plays because of some sort of an injury suffered on a Kickoff. Is Childress nuts?

One way or the other, Childress better tighten his shot group and get this team on the right track. He is now 0-5 against Green Bay and if he goes 0-6 against them, come the end of the 2008 season, he will be looking for another job.

Much better team than what they showed tonight, disappointing. -AE

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Where was Jared Allen tonight was what I was looking for tonight as a Chiefs fan. I still hope he tears it up for Vikings.

Everything Turns To Nothing .
Reaction score
I knew Rodgers would do a good job.

Brett who?? Hopefully they won't hear about him in a few weeks. I doubt it though...

yezzir

Call me Slim Roethlisberger.
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers did really good. Gotta give him props.

vikesfan

Reaction score
I went to the game, I'm not even going to comment on this game. I just hope they get their <Censored> together for Colts next week.

One thing I do want to comment on was Adrian Peterson's hit on Al Harris. A little payback for last year *cough* helmet to knee *cough*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%