Frank McCourt offered $1.2 billion to sell the Dodgers

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well, we weren’t expecting this. From out of the blue comes an offer — all cash — to Frank McCourt to sell the Dodgers. It’s for $1.2 billion, and it comes from a man named Bill Burke. Burke, who is the founder of the Los Angeles Marathon, is backed by “certain state-owned investment institutions of the People’s Republic of China” and other investors, Bill Shaikin reports. Which probably means that Burke is just the figurehead/American face of the deal.

According to my friend (and Los Angeles resident and native) Bob Timmermann, Burke is married to former Los Angeles County Superintendent Yvonne Brathwaite Burke. The Burkes remain big players in Democratic politics, Mr. Timmermann says. I would assume this means that he’s not just some crazy rich person looking for attention.

The deal is reportedly for everything, including the team, the ballpark and the surrounding real estate. McCourt has no comment and it’s unclear whether he’s open to selling.

But jeez, it’s not every day that someone offers you $1.2 billion in cash. Assuming it’s something Major League Baseball would be receptive to — and why would they not be? — how could McCourt turn this down given all of the financial challenges he currently faces?
http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/01/frank-mccourt-offered-1-2-billion-for-the-dodgers/

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
im really skeptical

however i would love to get rid of mccourt
they want it done fast too. 21 day offer, with a goal of a deal in 90 days

but again, skeptical. no one is commenting either
some say this is a ploy for McCourt to drive up the cost

so i'll wait

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
... in cash! Dude, take the money before MLB rips the team from you for being unable to make payments.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
He would be stupid not to make this deal, the whole fanbase hates him anyways so its not like he is keeping the team for the fans. He needs to sell so that the Dodgers can move on.

Remember kiddies, get that prenup.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%