Focusing on Improving the Sports Talk Here

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've loved being back at the site for the last couple days, but there doesn't seem to be enough sports discussion, at least not as much as there used to be. When you hit the new posts button now days, it brings up a TON of Sim League posts, and not many sports posts. That's fine and all, but I think we should work on getting that sports activity up from where it is right now.

How to do that? Well, just post a few discussion threads here and there. Just think of a subject that could spark some discussion, and post it. Other ways are to recruit, and if you are interested in recruiting I can help you out with that. I've referred over 300 people to a forum on 3 separate forums, and I'm willing to help out everyone here learn how to do it and bring new sports fans into the website.

I know it's going to take some work, but let's start doing this now. Let's get SI's sports sections back to being as active as they once were. Let's make this a premier sports talk website!

Let's go guys!

-TLG

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I agree with you and have 2 words:

LOCKOUT, PRESEASON.

Sure we should be able to keep up the discussion but those are 2 big factors.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
recruit away. id love for that to happen.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I'm all for whatever it takes to make the forum better, so if you can recruit some people that definitely would be a good thing.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Recruiting is a great way to go about it. Along with what you've been doing so far. I see a lot of topics, that you've created for discussion. No matter the topic, no discussion is bad discussion. Well, when it comes to sports anyways.

Reaction score
Exactly. Good to hear some people agreeing, and I hope you all decide to try to bring in your friends that like sports. Let's get this site up and rolling with sports talk again :).

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
activity is actually pretty solid here, a lot better than it used to be.

I think the area that SI lacks, that would make it better, is features. I haven't seen many new features on here since I joined like 5 years ago. And that, unfortunately, lies heavily on the administrators here. They gotta make those decisions and if they don't have the Money to make those changes to enhance the site, then they need to push for donations from it's members to bring in a little extra cash that will enable them to make necessary additions to keep up with other sports forums.

Many other sites get those donations, you just gotta offer something back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%