Flames To keep Sutter and Iginla

PlayOn

Reaction score
It appears the Calgary Flames are in hiring mode, not firing mode when it comes to the hockey operations of the organization.

According to the Calgary Herald, Flames president Ken King has put an end to the speculation about the future of Darryl Sutter as the general manager after the Flames missed the playoffs this year.

''We weren't vacillating on whether or not to keep Darryl,'' King told the Herald. ''It wasn't a question of, 'If this happens, he'll stay,' or 'If this happens, he won't.' We've gone through our evaluations. We've made decisions. ''

Full story: Here

Im glad the Flames are keeping Sutter and Iginla. I was one of those people who thought they would be staying. The Flames would be stupid to trade Iginla away. There's no other good GM out there right now that could do a better job than Sutter.
We can put these rumors to rest now..Iginla and Sutter are staying! atleast for one more season. :cool:

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I assumed Iginla was staying at least for now but Sutter has done a crappy job recently IMO

PlayOn

Reaction score
Sutter has done a crappy job recently but I'll give him atleast one more season. There's no other GM out there right now that can replace Sutter. I dont want them to get a GM with little to no experience so right now Sutter is our best option until there is well known GM out there available.

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sutter has done a crappy job recently but I'll give him atleast one more season. There's no other GM out there right now that can replace Sutter. I dont want them to get a GM with little to no experience so right now Sutter is our best option until there is well known GM out there available.
You have a point there. But thats why you would promote someone like the assistant GM or somebody to GM. If he can't put together a playoff caliber roster ON THE ICE next season, then I believe he isn't doing his job right and should lose his.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%