Falcons eyeing Schottenheimer

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
According to a recent report courtesy of the San Diego Union-Tribune, the Atlanta Falcons are interested in making Marty Schottenheimer their new head coach. Citing league sources, the Falcons are apparently also looking into the possibility of bringing in Buddy Nix as new general manager. Nix is currently the Chargers assistant general manager, holding the role throughout Schottenheimer's regime in San Diego.

Current San Diego general manager A.J. Smith spoke with the San Diego Union-Tribune, citing that he heard rumors of Atlanta's interest in Marty Schottenheimer, but none containing Buddy Nix. "If true, I believe a Buddy Nix-Marty Schottenheimer team in Atlanta would be a perfect fit. ... Buddy got along well with Coach Schottenheimer. They socialized together, went out to dinner, golfed together, sat together on the plane, talked football all the time", Smith told the tribune.

No word from Falcons owner Arthur Blank or current general manager Rick McKay on either rumors as of yet. -AE

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The biggest mistake for the Chargers.....letting this guy go. If he comes to Atlanta, hopefully he will continue to due well, cause he was a great coach with San Diego.

.GR

#BlackFalcon
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I just dont know why anyone would want to coach Atlanta. I mean, they have nothing going for them.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I just dont know why anyone would want to coach Atlanta. I mean, they have nothing going for them.
To get back at the Chargers....possibly.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Greg, most head coaches don't get as lucky when it comes to inheriting stacked teams like Wade Phillips, Norv Turner, and Mike Tomlin did this past off-season. Most of the time, when you take a new head coaching job, its not the greatest and its your job to turn things around.

If you think about it, there wouldn't be a head coaching vacancy if things were good there to begin with. About every previous scenario has proven that...with the exception of AJ Smith firing Marty over personal bullsh*t.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Marty get back at the Chargers?
Hes already been interviewed a number of times, the first interview he got really emotional when there were the allegations going around of him "just sitting on his couch and laughing it up" as the Chargers went 1-3. He got really emotional and obviously struggled controlling himself as he continually asked "Why would I do that?" - "How selfish would I be by doing that?" - "I highly respect AJ and the Chargers organization." etc. etc. I swore the guy was crying but there was no visuals, only the audio.
So getting back at the Bolts? None of that.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Marty get back at the Chargers?
Hes already been interviewed a number of times, the first interview he got really emotional when there were the allegations going around of him "just sitting on his couch and laughing it up" as the Chargers went 1-3. He got really emotional and obviously struggled controlling himself as he continually asked "Why would I do that?" - "How selfish would I be by doing that?" - "I highly respect AJ and the Chargers organization." etc. etc. I swore the guy was crying but there was no visuals, only the audio.
So getting back at the Bolts? None of that.
Well then, he's being the bigger man here in this situation, but still it was a really dumb move by the organization, I mean he want 14-2 not 2-14.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%