• Ed Reed

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • Troy Polamalu

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The two best safetys in the league right now, pretty safe to say. Who would you take out of the two? Ed Reed is the more dynamic pass defender, and Polamalu is better in the run game.

I've always liked Ed more as a player.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Both are really good, but I'd take Troy Polamalu any day of the week, the guy can do it all.

Reaction score
Polamalu. They play different positions, but Polamalu is just an animal, he does it all.

Mooche

Reaction score
Lol.. This isn't even a debate at this point in time.

Troy Polamalu is way more of a complete player than Ed Reed. He has much more responsibility for the Steelers in the run game, where Ed Reed has more freedom to play center field and go for the INT. Troy is flat out dominating the league right and will be the MVP for defense. He already has better numbers than Bob when he won ir..

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
OMG...just caught this thread.

Was December "Opposite Month" or something? People are callig Troy Polamalu a complete player, while claiming Ed Reed is one-dimensional!?! Did I fall into a coma and miss a lot of football or something?

Polamalu is the better run support guy. He's a strong safety and that's typically what that job requires. Ed Reed is a the (waaaay) better coverage guy...he's a free safety. Both are capable of playing either position and both are the best at their individual posting.

HOWEVER

Polamalu would be a weaker free safety than Reed would be a strong safety. Reed can run, he hit, and he's not afraid to tackle. Troy Polamalu on the other hand, he's sketchy when it comes to zone coverage. Ed Reed is much faster at reading quarterbacks and NOBODY in the history of the league has been better at making an interception a touchdown. Just look at the Ravens' defense with and without Reed. He's is arguably the most dominant defensive player in this league and I've watched him change the course of a game so many times.

Not since they were a couple years into this league, has anybody dared to put Polamalu ahead of Reed. I'll blame this on the fact that Ed Reed missed soem time earlier in the season & apparently people forgot how good he was. Postseason...just keep your eyes on the television set. What you see is all the support those 5 who voted "Reed" need you to know.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
I've been a Reed fan since his days in Miami.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I've been a Reed fan since his days in Miami.
Fan or no fan, Ed Reed can do everything Troy does & them some. There's no doubt Ed Reed is one of the greatest defensive backs in the history of the NFL.

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The U product

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
I hate playing against both of them, they (both) are always making huge plays every time we play them. I'd love to have either/or on my team. Can't go wrong either way.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I hate playing against both of them, they (both) are always making huge plays every time we play them. I'd love to have either/or on my team. Can't go wrong either way.
You can go wrong....pick Polamalu over Ed Reed. ;)

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
You can go wrong....pick Polamalu over Ed Reed. ;)
Lol. I want half of each, they both have something special to offer at the position. Ed Reed is a ball hawk, always in the right position and Troy is jumping over the offensive line as soon as the ball is hiked taking down the QB/runner. Troy is just more physical IMO. I like more physical players, we need more players like that on defense.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Reed had 8 INTs to lead the NFL this year, and he only played 10 games.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
If the Ravens asked Reed to do that overrated jumping over the line bullshit, he could do it, better.

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LMFAO. I read a story today that Ed Reed's brother is now missing. He was running from police when he leaped into the Mississippi River and even though Police saw him briefly resurface, he has not been found.

That's MoFo is either floating down stream or swimming to the closest payphone right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%