Dombrowski Released From Contract

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The Detroit Tigers have released Dave Dombrowski from his contract as the team's general manager.
Al Avila, who served as the team's assistant general manager, will replace Dombrowski.
"I feel this is the right time for the Tigers to move forward under new leadership," owner Mike Ilitch said in a statement.

This comes at such a strange time. Right after we made all those selling trades. 

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
while i liked the idea of those trades, he's been living off of a few good moves over the years. im happy to see him go. woukd have been better to bring a fresh face. thats just what i always prefer

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I would've liked to have seen a fresh face too. Avila is probably going to be more of the same. 

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
RipCity32 said:
I would've liked to have seen a fresh face too. Avila is probably going to be more of the same. 
same thing we wanted from the pistons. same reasons too. still this is a bit refreshing.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
He definitely made it seem like Ilitch is still very much committed to the payroll and wants this team to be contending, so I at least expect a pretty big off-season.

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Apparently he could be coming to Toronto which would be pretty ironic lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%