Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Who do you guys think will win it? I got my money on New England as many probably do. Every "challange" they've faced they've won by like three touchdowns. Patriots win like 35-21

VC3

Charmander CHAR CHAR!
Reaction score
Pats. Simply because their defense is so much better. I just think Pats have more depth that the Colts do. Also, more experience.

Sabbath

Reaction score
Patriots.

Patriots have a much better defense and Peyton Manning hasn't been himself this season. Marvin Harrison could be out and the Colts defense will not be able to stop Tom Brady.

It will be interesting to see how the odds makers determine this one seeing how the colts are at home ,but the Pats thus far are a better team.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I say Colts, they have probably more to prove, and also the best safety in the game in Sanders....plus I dislike the Patriots too much.

Street20

Street is the man
Reaction score
Patriots. I think their offense is much better.

.loggie

Reaction score
Patriots. Although I think the Colts have a better running game but that won't matter cause its Brady and Manning.

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think the Colts will fly under the radar and win the game.

bulls12

Reaction score
I could imagine if they tied and then went on to finish the season with 15-0-1 records, then played each other in the AFC Conference Championship.

by then Harrison would be back, giving the Colts a little more edge, and then winning and heading on to another Super Bowl.

just hypothetical...

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
"Colts don't have Harrison, but what does that matter? They have Reggie! Reggie! Reggie!" - What they kept on saying on ESPN Sports Center

I like the Colts but Brady likes throwing it to Moss regardless of how many guys are on him, and why not? He makes all the right throws and in a jump ball situation, Moss is going to win the battle, especially considering the size of Indy's DB's.

But on the other side of the field, Reggie is no one to ignore either. Both teams will throw and throw, but I think it comes down to a Maroney/Addai matchup.

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Pats. Simply because their defense is so much better. I just think Pats have more depth that the Colts do. Also, more experience.
I know you aren't very bright, but this is one of the most uneducated comments I've seen in quite some time.

The pats defense is "so much better"? The Colts have allowed 14.6 points per game, 2nd least in the league.

"Also, more experience." Umm... What? Their offensive leaders (minus Brady), such as Randy Moss, Laurence Maroney, Wes Welker and Donte Stallworth are fairly new to the team and haven't experienced anything, none of them being with the Pats for their superbowls.

How can you say that ANY team in the league has more experience than the Colts? They are the super bowl champions... On offense, their only new additions are Anthony Gonzalez (a 3rd/4th string WR) and a new offensive lineman.

With that said, I like the Colts here... I'll agree that if the two teams played regular season games 100 times, the Pats would likely win 55-65 of them... But thing is, Maroney has been playing badly, and that won't change against a great Colts defense... Tom Brady will be rushed by the beast ends, Freeney and Mathis, and be forced to make tight throws, where Bob Sanders will be there to deny... Defensivly, the Patriots are good, but they have trouble stopping teams that run the ball well, as the Colts do with Addai and Keith...

In the two games that the Patriots gave up over 20 points, it was to teams with great run games... The Dallas Cowboys, with Julius Jones and Marion Barber, and the Dolphins, with Ronnie Brown, who was the 2nd best runningback in the league before his injury.

The Colts have the better D, better running game, better kicker and more experience, which is why I have them winning.

bulls12

Reaction score
I know you aren't very bright, but this is one of the most uneducated comments I've seen in quite some time.

The pats defense is "so much better"? The Colts have allowed 14.6 points per game, 2nd least in the league.

"Also, more experience." Umm... What? Their offensive leaders (minus Brady), such as Randy Moss, Laurence Maroney, Wes Welker and Donte Stallworth are fairly new to the team and haven't experienced anything, none of them being with the Pats for their superbowls.

How can you say that ANY team in the league has more experience than the Colts? They are the super bowl champions... On offense, their only new additions are Anthony Gonzalez (a 3rd/4th string WR) and a new offensive lineman.

With that said, I like the Colts here... I'll agree that if the two teams played regular season games 100 times, the Pats would likely win 55-65 of them... But thing is, Maroney has been playing badly, and that won't change against a great Colts defense... Tom Brady will be rushed by the beast ends, Freeney and Mathis, and be forced to make tight throws, where Bob Sanders will be there to deny... Defensivly, the Patriots are good, but they have trouble stopping teams that run the ball well, as the Colts do with Addai and Keith...

In the two games that the Patriots gave up over 20 points, it was to teams with great run games... The Dallas Cowboys, with Julius Jones and Marion Barber, and the Dolphins, with Ronnie Brown, who was the 2nd best runningback in the league before his injury.

The Colts have the better D, better running game, better kicker and more experience, which is why I have them winning.

holy <Censored> no one can beat Yankees's reasoning.

nelsogotskillz

Reaction score
The Colts.

The Patriots were very close to the Cowboys before the Boys made a bad play on 4th and 1 and then threw an interception the following drive.

This happened because of a lack of experience, something, as Yankees points out, the Colts have more of than probably any other team in the league.

The Patriots won't be able to embarrass here, and it'll bring their confidence down. They'll stop going for huge gains and try to drive it up the field down by down. The Colts have one of the best defenses in the league, and this won't work against them.

Meanwhile, the Patriots defense hasn't looked all that great against teams that are at least decent.

This one comes down to Adam Vinatieri, out of irony.

Colts win a close one, 30-27

X-Factor

LOST>ALL
Reaction score
Colts, well they better, or thats a loss of 100 dollars, anywayz, Colts have been owning the patriots recently, let the streak continue.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
this is there challenge. If they kill the Colts basically they are a lock for an undefeated season.
I say they win by an OT TD by Maroney. Like a 65 yard run.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Ask me before the AFC championship game and I'll tell you.

All I'll say is, the Colts SHOULD be favored in the game, I don't know what the oddsmakers are thinking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%