G/F - Nick Young
PF - Boris Diaw
G/F - Martell Webster
G/F - Doug McDermott
SF - Richard Jefferson

dcpwner

Reaction score
I actually love this team, and here's why:
My starting five are as good as you'll see. My front court is led by the scoring of Al Jefferson and the passing and defensive ability of Joakim Noah. I realize that Al Jeff is a natural center but I believe with him and Noah on the floor at the same time we will dominate the boards and see good offensive flow between the two. On the wings I have Thaddeus Young who is a very capable defender and can get to the rim or shoot the ball effectively as well. Joe Johnson is at a point in his career where things are winding down but I believe he can still light it up beyond the arc and he plays the rest of his game like a savvy veteran should. The offense clearly flows through Rubio and his court vision and passing abilities and his scoring flaws won't be highlighted due to the ability to score of the players around him.

My bench unit is a team of it's own lead by Deron Williams and the bench mob can play a completely different style of basketball. While Deron can still shoot with the best of them I believe surrounding him with gritty defensive talent and shooting will allow him to shine and get buckets in transition as well as driving to the lane for the finish or the kick out to Swaggy P, R Jeff, Webster, or McDermott. I love having Marion and Diaw available as tough nosed defensive types that can still play their fair share of offense.

I think if I had to list some weaknesses they would be lack of front court depth and age, I feel that possibly too many of my players are over the hump and on the downturn of their careers i.e. Richard Jefferson, Shawn Marion, Boris Diaw, Deron Williams, and Joe Johnson. But I also believe that the youth and spark from the younger dudes will help mask the declining ability of some past superstars.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%