Chargers get Impact WR before Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whisper

Living like a Don in my own mind
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3066210

SAN DIEGO -- The San Diego Chargers acquired wide receiver Chris Chambers from the Miami Dolphins for a 2008 second-round draft pick on Tuesday.

The Chargers have been without No. 1 wide receiver Eric Parker since June and needed to bolster their passing game.
All I have to say is... SWEET!!

GameOver

ONE HANDED SUPERMAN BACK FLIP FTW
Reaction score
well my topic is geting removed i just posted it a mintue after you but

hmm i like this deal but i dont see why the phins traded chambers he's a good wide out but this is a real good move for the chargers they needed a better wide out with how some of the ones they have had was playing this year.

Whisper

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Miami apparently did this because since going 0-6 they're now looking towards the future with guys like Ginn and Hagan.

But damn...
No more dropped balls, and a wideout that can finally get some seperation? Hes already spent some time in Norv's offense, it might take a couple weeks for him to click(REALLY glad the Bye Week came around now) , but once he's into it. WooWee

playmaker7

The GOAT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
This should help Phillip Rivers out. Im not gonna say they will become immensely better because of him though. Expect them to improve but not improve to the point where they're gonna be competition to win the division.

Whisper

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Competition within the division? I really hope you mean the AFC division as a whole because if you mean the AFC WEST with teams like the Chiefs, Broncos, and Raiders? especially now that the coaching staff is making the adjustments and is starting to play the way this football team is supposed to play, we're running away. The Chief's MIGHT be a threat if they somehow become consistent on both ends of the ball, the Raiders just need to get their defense back and they'll be back to competing somewhat but I don't see any of that happening anytime soon.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If the Chiefs can start running the ball more effectively watch out. Our passing game has the weapons, and Huard usually doesn't make mistakes, which is good. So if LJ can come out like he did last year then I can see the Chiefs making a run at the AFC West title. Because so far our defense has been awesome. I love our young hard hitting safeties in Pollard and Page, our D-Line has impressed so far. And wow, Jared Allen is a beast. Missed the first 2 games of the year, still now tied for 2nd in the NFL in sacks with 6. 6 sacks in 4 games <3

Whisper

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I still say the Chiefs need to start Croyle to really get anything going.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Chambers should be a good addition to the Chargers. Now if Rivers would start playing.

VC3

Charmander CHAR CHAR!
Reaction score
I must say, when I saw this on ESPN yesterday, i was furious. 2nd rounder is too high for him, especially when Raiders got a 4th rounder for Moss <_<

Will he make the Chargers a whole lot better though? I don't know. I guess we will have to see after their BYE week.

As for the Raiders, IF and only IF they get their defense like it was where everyone is healthy and owning, and if our offense stops turning the ball over, we have a SLIGHT chance to wreak havoc in the AFC West Division. B)

Whisper

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'm guessing AJ just doesn't like this years draft class because hes turned down a number of 1st round + 3rd round picks for Turner, and now he just traded one away.

Chambers brings another legit threat to the team. He's familiar with Norv's system, hes worked with him a couple season ago, Cam' is running the same system in Miami, the transition should be fairly minimal. (Once again, thank you BYE week)

Teams now have to second guess if they really wanna stick 8 men in the box and cheat against the run as much as they would like to because it's not just LT and Gates anymore. Chambers is another legit threat at receiver. It will make it a lot easier to run.

And with all three of them on the field someones either going to be left with a good 1 on 1 matchup or better yet, someone's going to be left wide open, and when it happens you're gonna hear it, "TOUCHDOWN! SAN DIEEEEGO!!"

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I must say, when I saw this on ESPN yesterday, i was furious. 2nd rounder is too high for him, especially when Raiders got a 4th rounder for Moss <_<
Randy Moss was a falling entity... He had problems with his attitude and desire to play... He was on the down side of his career (at the time)... Raiders wanted Moss out at all costs... Chambers didn't have the problems in Miami that Moss did in Oakland. You can't use the Moss trade as any sort of a measuring stick.

VC3

Charmander CHAR CHAR!
Reaction score
Randy Moss was a falling entity... He had problems with his attitude and desire to play... He was on the down side of his career (at the time)... Raiders wanted Moss out at all costs... Chambers didn't have the problems in Miami that Moss did in Oakland. You can't use the Moss trade as any sort of a measuring stick.
I'm not and I realize that. Still think a 2nd is a bit high for Chambers, as good as a receiver he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%