Bryant: 'If you asked me today, I'd say this would be my last year

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
be Bryant intends to retire as a member of the Los Angeles Lakers, and he still thinks he'll do that at the end of this season. He's leaving the door open to play longer, though.

"If you asked me today, I'd say this would be my last year," Bryant said Saturday, via the Los Angeles Times' Mike Bresnahan. "But you never know."

This is essentially the same thing he has been saying for a while. Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak said it last December, too. Bryant can see the end of his career from here, and his challenge is to make the most of the time he has left.

The early results have not been encouraging, but perhaps he can turn it around as the season goes on. If he does, maybe he will decide to keep playing -- many people thought Kevin Garnett was going to retire after last season, but he ended up signing a two-year contract with the Minnesota Timberwolves. Unlike Garnett, though, it's hard to imagine Bryant embracing a role that's mostly about mentorship.

Like Kupchak said 11 months ago, if you want to see Bryant in person, do not wait.

Source: cbssports.com

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
he'll sign another two year deal i think. gonna either be a huge discount or another huge contract.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Going to a pistons game against the lakers. Gotta see kobe live before he retires.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Kobe has 81 points with 78 attempts, its time for this dude to hang them up. He hasnt even faced tough opponents yet: T-wolves, Nuggets, Kings, and Nets.

Hes been awful offensively and impeding the development of the young players on the team

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
FPS is right
Hes a shadow of himself
This has to be it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%