• AFC North

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AFC South

• AFC West

• Total voters

BwareDWare94

Where were you when the world stopped turning?
Reaction score
Stafford has only had one good year, and Ryan has put up solid numbers all 4 of his years
Stafford's only played in a handful of games including all 16 last year.

Great argument, young man.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Most QBs get injured on the hits Stafford took to get injured in his first two years.
Plus, he bulked up his upper body considerably so he could prevent being hurt again.

:kobe:

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Foolish to assume he will put up similar numbers for the rest of his career
We all know its not gonna happen this year
#maddencurse
lol
Naw, Stafford's a solid QB, I just dont understand why everyone's sleeping on Ryan. He's gonna have a solid year this year, and he will get his playoff win
Because he's lost 2 playoff games his team could have won had he played better--in those two he played poorly and they got their shit kicked. And he also lost his first playoff game that his team absolutely should have won.

Now, it's unlikely they'd have beaten Green Bay a couple years back, but he threw the worst playoff interception I've ever seen because it separated his team from their opponent by two touchdowns at halftime. They miss a field goal, it's still 21-14 at half. That was the difference in that game.

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score
That's because you're an idiot. Outside of Stafford's most recent season, Romo is statistically better than all of them and is much more clutch.
Romo has also been in the league since fucking 2003
And yeah, romo's so clutch. How were those 6-10 and 8-8 seasons for ya? Did you forget those last two crucial regular season games against Philly and NY that could've put your team in the playoffs? Yeah, clutch...
Oh and nice namecalling btw. Definitely helps prove your point.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Most QBs get injured on the hits Stafford took to get injured in his first two years.
Plus, he bulked up his upper body considerably so he could prevent being hurt again.

:kobe:
Yeah, dude. I don't know if he's missed comparable hits (such as Boley on Romo that ended Romo's season two years ago) or what.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Romo has also been in the league since fucking 2003
And yeah, romo's so clutch. How were those 6-10 and 8-8 seasons for ya? Did you forget those last two crucial regular season games against Philly and NY that could've put your team in the playoffs? Yeah, clutch...
Oh and nice namecalling btw. Definitely helps prove your point.
Romo didn't start until halfway through 2006.

6-10 season? He played in 6 games in that season!

8-8 happens when you have no running backs and no defense, two things that Matt Ryan has almost always had (the defenses have been decent at worst).

And apologies on the namecalling, but what kind of Cowboy hatred does it take to think that Cutler or Ryan or Vick are better than Romo? There is no argument for ANY of them against Tony.

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score
Because he's lost 2 playoff games his team could have won had he played better--in those two he played poorly and they got their shit kicked. And he also lost his first playoff game that his team absolutely should have won.

Now, it's unlikely they'd have beaten Green Bay a couple years back, but he threw the worst playoff interception I've ever seen because it separated his team from their opponent by two touchdowns at halftime. They miss a field goal, it's still 21-14 at half. That was the difference in that game.
Worst playoff mistake I've ever seen

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score
Romo didn't start until halfway through 2006.

6-10 season? He played in 6 games in that season!

8-8 happens when you have no running backs and no defense, two things that Matt Ryan has almost always had (the defenses have been decent at worst).
You must not watch Falcons games, because our defense is atrocious when it matters most (playoffs especially)
And here we go with the excuses
What RB did Stafford have again? He still managed to make it to the playoffs with a team that had went 0-16 a few years back
And even still, 2006 is 2 years before Matt Ryan started in the league

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
You must not watch Falcons games, because our defense is atrocious when it matters most (playoffs especially)
And here we go with the excuses
What RB did Stafford have again? He still managed to make it to the playoffs with a team that had went 0-16 a few years back
And even still, 2006 is 2 years before Matt Ryan started in the league
Irrelevant. Detroit rarely runs the ball by choice.

Also irrelevent. They're both established starters in this league.

And our defense is bad in EVERY game, whereas Romo rarely has a poor game. Now that we might have the defense shored up a bit, Dallas might take off this year.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Worst playoff mistake I've ever seen
That was his first year as a starter and he shouldn't have been handling field goals to go along with starting QB, anyway. That was Parcells' mistake. Matt McBriar is a perfectly good FG holder and should have begun holding as soon as Romo started at QB.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
No, believe me. We tried to establish the run on many occasions. But when it's like Kevin Smith and Mo Morris starting games, you aren't going to have much success.

With a healthy Best and Leshoure, we will run more this year.

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score
And apologies on the namecalling, but what kind of Cowboy hatred does it take to think that Cutler or Ryan or Vick are better than Romo? There is no argument for ANY of them against Tony.
I don't hate the Cowboys. You constantly bicker as if Dallas' lone hope is Romo and act like he's surrounded by a bunch of useless backups
Miles Austin is a solid receiver. Jason fucking Witten is a great TE.
The Bears were 7-3 before Cutler got injured. Take Cutler out of the equation, his team didn't do shit. If he hadn't gotten injured, they could've easily made wildcard (could've went 12-4 honestly)
I don't know about Vick...
and I've made my case for Ryan

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score
Irrelevant. Detroit rarely runs the ball by choice.

Also irrelevent. They're both established starters in this league.

And our defense is bad in EVERY game, whereas Romo rarely has a poor game. Now that we might have the defense shored up a bit, Dallas might take off this year.
So it was Detroit's choice to lose Best and Leshoure for the season?

TTN2810

Reaction score
It's so fucking funny how Bware likes Romo more than his entire team. He's trashing their defense, all the while it's not even a bad defense. Since he's so adamant about using stats for Romo, I'll use them for his defense. In order of descending years, from 2011 to 2006 (Romo's starting years) here are the Cowboys defensive final statistic in total defense: 14th, 23th, 9th, 8th, 9th, 13th. That's an average of having the 12th RANKED DEFENSE at his disposal, and had a TOP 10 DEFENSE for three years. You cannot tell me that is a bad defense who is "bad in EVERY game". You twist everything, even throw your own team under the bus to defend your crush. Try again Bware. And you really should change your name from "BwareDware", because you are a much bigger Romo fan. Should be "RomoHomo".

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Give me NFC North. Ponder is the weakest in the division, but even he had some quality games as a rookie.

Weird how the NFC is significantly better than the AFC at the QB position, but that's a different discussion.

NCSportsfan21

Reaction score
Stafford’s one year was great, but he wasn’t on the field for his 1st two seasons enough to justify being better than Ryan who has been healthy, tough, and put up great numbers for 4 straight seasons.

Daunte Culpepper had some really great years but was hurt for a lot more years. Just because he had one season better than some QBs have had doesn’t mean he’s better than those guys.

And yes Stafford is made of glass until he can prove he can stay healthy for a couple years. 2 seasons and he plays a total of 13 games? Sorry but guys like Favre get hit hard as or harder than anyone and still manage to get shit done. Same thing goes for Sam Bradford.

Hell Romo played with busted ribs last year and look at the year he had.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Romo played with 1 fractured rib. My brother, who was 17 at the time, played QB with 4 broken ribs. If a high school kid can play with 4 broken ribs, and NFL player should easily be able to play with one fractured rib. Not to mention Romo took painkillers.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Stafford’s one year was great, but he wasn’t on the field for his 1st two seasons enough to justify being better than Ryan who has been healthy, tough, and put up great numbers for 4 straight seasons.

Daunte Culpepper had some really great years but was hurt for a lot more years. Just because he had one season better than some QBs have had doesn’t mean he’s better than those guys.

And yes Stafford is made of glass until he can prove he can stay healthy for a couple years. 2 seasons and he plays a total of 13 games? Sorry but guys like Favre get hit hard as or harder than anyone and still manage to get shit done. Same thing goes for Sam Bradford.

Hell Romo played with busted ribs last year and look at the year he had.
You act like Stafford's success is out of no where. I could understand if he was like 4th round draft pick who had a career year. But Stafford was the 1st pick in the draft, it is apparent the kid has a shitload of talent. And he does. Just think about it. The defense knows we are going to pass nearly every play, yet there wasn't really any defenses that could shut Stafford down. They are game-planning to stop the pass, and Stafford still makes them look silly. He wasn't blessed with a Michael Turner to open up the passing game. The kids arm strength is phenomenal and his accuracy is great. He is also the leader of that lockeroom at the age of just 24. Watch some Lions games, and see where the kid puts the ball and you will be amazed how he gets it there.

And did you see the hits Stafford took and how he landed? Literally right on his shoulder, it was nearly impossible for him not to get injured on those. And for the hundredth time, he put a lot of work in to bulking up his upper body so he would lessen the likelihood of injuries. And the result? He played a full 16 games last season, and still took some shots and got up fine. I honestly don't have any questions about his durability, and never really did. Even the toughest of players likely get injured on the hits that Stafford took those first two seasons.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Romo played with 1 fractured rib. My brother, who was 17 at the time, played QB with 4 broken ribs. If a high school kid can play with 4 broken ribs, and NFL player should easily be able to play with one fractured rib. Not to mention Romo took painkillers.
I believe Romo had more than one fractured rib in those games. Also keep in mind that his lung was partially punctured.

BwareDWare94

Reaction score
Dallas' defense points allowed in playoff berth deciding games in Week 17

2008: 44, Dallas lost
2009: 0, Dallas won handily
2010: Irrelevant, Romo was injured
2011: 31, Dallas lost.

Not exactly "decent" defense material, yo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%