AS Weekend Prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutalis

"Take heart, or I will take it from you." - BN
Reaction score
As far as the Celebrity Game and the NBDL AS Game are concerned- I don't care and will not be watching them. Okay well, I'll have to watch the CG cause my lady wants to see it. The "Dream Factory" thing is tonight and I still don't know what the hell that is nor do I care.

Tonights focus is on the Rook/Soph game.

ROOKIE TEAM ROSTER
Eric Bledsoe, L.A. Clippers, G
DeMarcus Cousins, Sacramento, C
Derrick Favors, New Jersey, F
Landry Fields, New York, G
Blake Griffin, L.A. Clippers, F
Wesley Johnson, Minnesota, G
Greg Monroe, Detroit, C
Gary Neal, San Antonio, G
John Wall, Washington, G

Coaches:
Mike Budenholzer -- San Antonio Spurs
Amar'e Stoudemire -- New York Knicks
Kevin McHale -- NBA TV/ TNT analyst

SOPHOMORE TEAM ROSTER
DeJuan Blair, San Antonio, C
DeMar DeRozan, Toronto, G
Stephen Curry, Golden State, G
*Tyreke Evans, Sacramento, G
Taj Gibson, Chicago, F
James Harden, Oklahoma City, G
Jrue Holiday, Philadelphia, G
Serge Ibaka, Oklahoma City, F-C
Brandon Jennings, Milwaukee, G
Wesley Matthews, Portland, G

Coaches:
Lawrence Frank -- Boston Celtics
Carmelo Anthony -- Denver Nuggets
Steve Kerr -- TNT NBA basketball analyst

The rookies are a solid looking squad however when you read down the sophomore's rosters how can anyone pick against them? I'm going with the sophs easily here. Blair will get like 20 boards, Gibson will block like 10 shots, Jrue is going to break a few weak ankles, DeRozan will dunk like 38 times and Curry will make what appears to be a retarded shot choice until it happens to go in. My point is the rookies are in for a long night and Griffin will need to score 40 for them to win. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

_ _

The dunk contest features DeRozan, Griffin, Ibaka, and McGee and to be honest I feel real sorry for all you young guys in high school or younger. I'm sure a lot of you got the last years of the dunk contest before it absolutely took a dump. Back in the better days real all stars and the leagues best slam monsters took part in this competition instead of one big named player and a handful of up and comers. This thing used to be a huge event and now it's just a cute little dance. DeRozan is my pick to win it though.

3P contest is a laughing matter to me. This contest is steadily going down hill every year. This thing is just a joke and one boring ass joke at that. The games features Ray Allen, Kevin Durant, Dorell Wright, Paul Pierce, James Jones, and Daniel Gibson. Only two of those dudes are even in the top 10 at this point of the season in 3P Made. And based on pct% 3 of the top 5 3P shooters in the league get snubbed. The requirement is at least average 1 made three a game, and Bonner, Billups, and Bibby get the weekend off and Allen/Gibson make it in.

So in all actuality the leagues best 3P shooters aren't even participating. Sort of like the dunk contest. But I will go will Ray Allen to win it all.

The Skills Challenge is just boring. When my eyes swell and bleed cause it's on TV I will just go with Rose to win this thing.

Shooting Stars event is a failed publicity event for the WNBA. However it's a lot more entertaining to watch than the pass the ball in the net and run around skills challenge. I like Team Texas to win this event, it's really only between two teams anyways.

_ _ _

The 60th AS Game is making yet another mistake playing at the Staples Center this year. Jerry Jones proposed to the NBA for them to have it again this year at the big ass stadium palace he built, which had an attendance of 109 THOUSAND people. But the NBA is more interested in Hollywood [what's new] and selling roughly 80K less tickets and losing money. So be it.

I see Rose getting MVP of the game and an East victory.

What's your predictions?

dcpwner

Reaction score
similar predictions actually. except i see griffin winning the dunk contest cuz its all hype

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rookie/Soph: Rookies
Dunk: Ibaka
3 point: Wright
Skills: Westbrook
All Star game: West

Lake Louise

Reaction score
Rooks/Sophs game already happened obviously, but I picked the Rooks.
Dunk: McGee because Griffin is the hyped up one and I want to see someone win it that's not hyped up. Also, Charles is high on McGee and i'm going to jump on the wagon with him on this.
3 point: Durant or Gibson because they are Texas alums. Out of the two, going with Durant.
Skills: Westbrook. These things aren't that interesting but i'm going to pull for Westbrook.
All Star game: Saying an East win and let's go with Howard for MVP. He's improved his game and he'll win one eventually.

bestkeptsecret13

Chicago's Finest
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Skills Challenge: Chris Paul
Shooting Stars: Team Texas
Three Point Contest: Ray Allen
Dunk Contest: Blake Griffin (not because he should, because the Dunk Contest never goes to the guy who should win) - DeRozan will put on the best show IMO
All-Star Game: East Wins - LeBron James wins MVP

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
so only 1 picking Blake? and he doesnt even think he'll put on the best show
sweet

anyways
i'll go with James Jones
Blake
skills, i'll go with Steph, why not

West, and I got this gut feeling Russell is going to put on a show, but CP for MVP

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Going with James Jones in the shootout, Curry in the Skills Competition, and Griffin for the Dunk Contest (even though someone else might be robbed by his popularity, like Derozan), Team Texas for the Shooting Stars thingy and the West taking the game with Melo taking home MVP honors.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Skills Challenge: John Wall
Dunk Contest: Demar DeRozan dude's been practicing with a pro dunker lol.
All-Star Game: West - CP3 MVP

Yankees2772

RIP Derek Boogaard
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Skills: CP3
Stars: Texas
3pt: Jones
Dunk: Griffin
ASG: East - MVP Stoudemire.

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
Skills Challenge: Derrick Rose
Dunk Contest: Serge Ibaka
All-Star Game: West - Kobe MVP

MR.ballin

$carface
Reaction score
Skills Challenge: Derrick Rose
Dunk Contest: Blake Griffin
All-Star Game: East- Dwight Howard MVP
Shooting stars title: Team Los angeles.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
so only 1 picking Blake? and he doesnt even think he'll put on the best show
sweet

anyways
i'll go with James Jones
Blake
skills, i'll go with Steph, why not

West, and I got this gut feeling Russell is going to put on a show, but CP for MVP
:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%