Aramis Ramirez Unsure Of Future With Cubs

Reaction score
Given the uncertainty in the team's front office, Aramis Ramirez isn't sure if he'll be a member of the Cubs next season.

After the 2011 season, the third baseman can void his deal. There's a $16 million club option with a $2 million buyout.

"Right now, we don't even have a GM," Ramirez said. "We don't know what the new guy has in mind. We don't know if Jim's [Hendry] people (will) be around. It's a tough situation to be in. I can't control that. My playing on the field is going to dictate if that's good enough for them.

"(If) the new GM (or) the owners (want) to go a different way, I appreciate everything they did for me and I move on. But at this point, I don't know exactly what's going to happen."
Aramis has done great things for the Cubs' organization, and he is one of my favorite players, but it's probably time to part ways with him. Maybe one more year since he is continuing to bring good production, but I do want to see him have a chance to compete, and he just can't do that with us anymore. What do you guys think Ramirez should do?

Thoughts?

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
There isnt a chance the Cubs pick up his $16 mil option

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
immediate chance to shed some payroll

hmmmm. this is gonna be a tough call

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
No way they pick up that option. If he's a cub next year it's on a new, shorter and cheaper deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%