Announcement

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
About one week ago Sportz Insomnia went through a few staff changes, with a few people taking blame for the forum’s recent struggles, while also accepting the fact they simply did not have enough time to help bring the site back to an activity boom it hasn’t seen in quite some time. As you guys know, Papa Pugz & infamous stepped down from their administrative positions, sports moderator positions were re-arranged to assign one member to two forums, and nolafan33 was promoted from Global Moderator to Co-Administrator, leaving yet another vacant position.

With that in mind, the staff has considered a few different candidates for the Global Moderator position for quite some time now, and decided to promote Bosoxlover12 to the position of Global Moderator. There were other members we considered, however felt Bosox has been active here for quite some time and is seen around at least three of the major sports sections while also remaining active on a few other message boards which can help us with bringing in a few more valued members.

This still leaves two more positions open: GFX Team Leader & NBA/NFL Moderator. The staff has decided to wait on filling both those positions for a few weeks. The main reason is we have a huge NBA fan base on SI, and in the middle of the season that section can sustain itself for the time being while being moderated by the Admins as well as Bosoxlover. However, over the next few weeks we will be keeping a close eye on those sections to see if any member stands out as a potential Moderator.

Here is the current look of our staff:
Head Admin: RipCity32
Co-Admins: Giantmetfan07 and nolafan33
G-Mods: bosoxlover12
NHL & MLB Mod: Teagle
NBA & NFL Mod: NONE
GFX Team Leader: NONE

I would also like to take this opportunity to touch base one of the many suggestions that was brought up last weekend: a Monthly Newsletter. We originally considered trying to bring back a Homepage for the purpose of: it being an easier URL when sharing on social media and it would highlight active topics, tournaments, and other events on the site. We’ve decided that’s not necessary right now, but from that discussion came a new opportunity which appeared like a flash of light in the midnight sky, a Newsletter. A few members stepped forward with interest in writing for it; however we would need people to design it as well.

This is something that will need to look professional. It can be a solid way to emphasize our GFX ability, and such. So I’d like to take this opportunity to ask if anyone has an interest in participating in a monthly newsletter. If so, let me, Nola or Rip know if you have any experience doing newsletters or something similar whether it’s been on another website or from school – any experience would be beneficial. I also need to know if anybody interested has experience using programs like Adobe InDesign, or if you know of a different program that could be useful.

SI is starting to move in the right direction, yet there is still a lot of ground to be covered. The NBA Sim League is in full gear with new members, we have a Video Game Tournament debuting tonight, numerous plans being discussed as well as a plan to open up a MLB Simulation League soon. If anyone is interested in running an OOTP or Baseball Mogul league, please PM me or contact me on AIM @ Giantmetfan06 (yes, I know). I understand it can be difficult to run a league solo, so I will offer to co-run it.

You can either contact us via PM or reply here if you’d like to be a writer or designer on the newsletter. If you have any other ideas, feel free to chime in.

- Giantmetfan07

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
very well writen. im sure bosox will do great, as will nola, and the staff as a whole!

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
you don't miss me....

I just downloaded OOTP 13 the other day o_O . Shit is hard to use but I'm getting use to it. If anyone needs a link I got one.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
you don't miss me....

I just downloaded OOTP 13 the other day o_O . Shit is hard to use but I'm getting use to it. If anyone needs a link I got one.
Actually, I SHOULD miss you the most because of the Tech things. However when more tech-savvy things start popping up that have to be dealt with I'm sure I'll be messaging you for some guidance.

And yeah, if you can PM me the link to the new OOTP that'd be awesome.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I could still do tech things but I just can't be here as much and can't do admin shit. But hold up Ill pm you the link.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Diggin the wordmark GMF
weird story. I had to go to the post office today to pick up some certified mail they didn't bother to deliver on Monday, and I had to sign for the package like 5 freaking times. Right when I got home and started writing this up it hit me to add a signature in the announcement -- and I literally blurted out loud "Oh, I gotta do that."

getyappcrnredy24

maybe god. live with soul, never die.
Reaction score
yo if you do the newsletter thing i might be able to put something together for a background to the page or something like that.

Rice18

I'm emotionally vested in me.
Reaction score
Congrats bosox, I know we have a bad past but you seem very dedicated to the site and you are very active. Good luck to you.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
yo if you do the newsletter thing i might be able to put something together for a background to the page or something like that.
I'll remember that when the time comes.

youngguru

V͎͡Ị̠̳SI͉ƠN̡
Reaction score
I think we have enough gfx people here to have a small gfx section on the newsletter

getyappcrnredy24

maybe god. live with soul, never die.
Reaction score
i can write full articles about myself and how cool i am

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score
What would be the purpose of the newsletter exactly? Is it just something we'd put together monthly for people to download and take a look at if they're interested?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%