Andre Ethier (knee) done for the season

NV

i'm a mad man
Reaction score
Dodgers manager Don Mattingly confirmed that Andre Ethier (knee) is done for the season.

Ethier is scheduled to see Dr. James Andrews on Friday to get a second opinion on his ailing right knee, but he's apparently done either way. The 29-year-old outfielder recently told the Los Angeles Times that he has played through pain all season along and that the knee would require offseason surgery. Ethier has just two homers and a .672 OPS since the All-Star break, so this isn't much of a loss for fantasy owners, anyway. He finishes the year with a .292/.368/.421 batting line to go along with 11 homers, 62 RBI and a .789 OPS over 551 plate appearances. While the Dodgers could decide to shop him over the winter, we will likely see plenty of Juan Rivera, Tony Gwynn Jr. and Jerry Sands in the outfield corners for the rest of September.
-rotoworld

Not much of a blow to the Dodgers considering this is really a lost season for them. Wonder if he will still be with the Dodgers come next season.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Unless they sell, I really think they have to start trying to rebuild. Team is just that bad. Trade off, and try to build around Kershaw & Kemp.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
they arent as bad as you think GMF

if they had any sort of the offense the first 4 months of the season and a little luck, they'd be right in the thick of things for the NLW

Injuries killed the Dodgers this year and poor offense

Dodgers pitching is great though
tons of young arms in the bullpen

they really only need some tweaking

this is good for Andre. lets them play Jerry Sands everyday(they're really high on him) and hopefully Ethier gets his power back for next year

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
If the Dodgers need offense why did you guys trade Trayvon?

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
long story:
we got a potential 5th starter, relief pitcher who throws 95+, and our potential starting catcher for next year Tim Federowicz (got called up, but wont play until 2 weeks left in the season. stupid)

it was quality for quantity

I love Trayvon Robinson, but he's nothing special. his K's in the minors are insane, and he doesnt walk
he only hit so many bombs because the Dodgers AAA team is in Albuquerque and down in ABQ it's Coors Field pre-humidor

his bombs are going to dip playing in Safeco.

he wont be bad, but he reminds of a Cody Ross type

Short story: we have 0 catching depth and Federowicz is in the mix to start next year
he has plus defense. they say he could be one of the best defensive catchers right away

the reason why myself and other dodger fans were so angry was because we wanted to see Tray and if we had to deal him, we wanted to sell higher.
a month later, i like the trade

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I'd take my chances with him if what you're saying you got is correct. 5th starters and strict defensive catchers can be found anywhere on the market, because they're not valuable.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
thats what i was thinking when the deal went down

his K rate is still crazy, especially in the minor leagues

they're also going all in with Sands in Left

the catcher they got is probably our starting catcher next year. like i said, dodgers have 0 catching depth
trading a LF who we might not have had room for, for a potential starting catcher with great defense.

if it was up to me, i would have dealt Tray for someone else, but im ok with it

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
they arent as bad as you think GMF

if they had any sort of the offense the first 4 months of the season and a little luck, they'd be right in the thick of things for the NLW

Injuries killed the Dodgers this year and poor offense

Dodgers pitching is great though
tons of young arms in the bullpen

they really only need some tweaking

this is good for Andre. lets them play Jerry Sands everyday(they're really high on him) and hopefully Ethier gets his power back for next year
excuses, excuses. I hear 'em all. Guess what? I'm a Mets fan. We have just as much disappointment each year, just as many injury problems. However, our record is nearly identical.

No excuses. The Dodgers are sad to watch, injuries or no injuries. At some point the years of disappointment get old and you gotta call for change. I didn't say to trade your best players, but build more depth around your stars, and trading Ethier would probably do that.

Really, I hate to say it. But I hear it every year from Mets fans as well. "Oh, we really aren't that bad. Just gotta tweak here and there" and when they try to tweak 'here and there' they still bring disappointment.

Also if they're so high on Sands, and Ethier was back next year, where is Sands playing? My point is if the team sells they can play Sands and have more weapons in the lineup as well in 2-3 years. Which is fine considering guys like Sands, Kemp & Kershaw are still very young.

Mexi

#2 SG of all time #13
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
well im sorry the dodgers are the only team in MLB with the 2nd best run differential in their division and are not in 2nd place in their division

NL West expected standings say we should be 3 behind the DBacks

and unlike the Mets, Dodgers are in a winnable division. I'm not afraid of anyone in this division

but I agree with you. Dodgers need a big bat to compliment Matt Kemp. Juan Rivera and Aaron Miles and James Loney arent protection
Thats what I mean by protection. Dodgers have a lot of young talented arms. Pitching isnt a problem at all. look at the stats. Dodgers have excellent pitching
it's offense. Dodgers have been getting it too little too late the past 3 weeks, but they're playing the way myself and others thought they should be playing this year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%