AFC North Discussion

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Post whatever division-related news or rumors you want to discuss.

WHO-DEY-BENGALS_18

Reaction score
Starting C Kyle Cook may be lost for the season now...... That leaves a Rookie at RG, a Rookie at C and a guy at LG that only has played 3 games in his short career. This is becoming a disaster.

Lake Louise

Reaction score
So far, no surprise that Baltimore is leading the division. Not surprised that the Bengals are right up there tied with them either. They have been winning the games against the teams they are better than. The Browns have had some bad luck to start the year. Even though they are 0-4, they were that close to beating the Eagles in Week 1.

Steelers have been a little bit of a shock, but not completely. They haven't had Polamalu & Harrison together on that defense all season yet. They are both expected to play tomorrow. We'll see how they do. Plus, Mendenhall is also probable, so that should help the run game.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
SB Nation -
Ed Reed just won a Super Bowl with the Baltimore Ravens, but he might be seeking to repeat with another team next season. That's been the general feeling as there seems to be plenty of landing spots for Reed, including theColts and the Patriots. There are reasons that the move to those teams would make sense, but Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome says "not so fast" on predicting Reed's departure from Baltimore.

"I think he realizes there may be some other options out there, but I think if you watched him, if you watched his body language over the course of the last eight to 10 days that he loves being here in Baltimore," Newsome said Thursday. "And I think we can use that to help make that relationship last a little bit longer."

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Steelers Salary Cap Woes

The Steelers are one of only five NFL teams that are more than $10 million above the projected 2013 salary cap of $121 million less than a month before the March 12 compliance deadline.

And it could be worse.

According to salaries compiled by sports contract website Spotrac, the Steelers have $134.8 million committed to players — or about $14 million above the cap.

Still, the Steelers are in better position cap-wise than they were a year ago when they were about $25 million above the cap. They got under by restructuring a number of contracts (Ben Roethlisberger, LaMarr Woodley, Lawrence Timmons, Ike Taylor, Willie Colon) and by cutting ties with veterans James Farrior, Hines Ward, Aaron Smith, Bryant McFadden, Arnaz Battle and Chris Kemoeatu.

The roster could experience a comparable shake-up this year.

Wide receiver Mike Wallace, running back Rashard Mendenhall and offensive linemen Max Starks and Ramon Foster could sign elsewhere. Veterans Casey Hampton, Larry Foote, Willie Colon, Ryan Mundy and Byron Leftwich are among those who could be let go.

East

Legends Live Forever
Reaction score
Where will Mendenhall land?

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
could be anywhere. It's tough to determine his value after this season. Jets come to mind first, maybe even the Packers. It's tough to gauge right now with teams still trying to sort out their own CAP situations.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
lions need more rb depth, we just dont have a ton to spend on something that isnt a huge need.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
yea I figured that after the Megatron deal -- it's tough to gauge where anyone will go because the market hasn't even developed itself fully yet -- still too many teams deciding on which players they might cut, which players are a higher priority to re-sign, which needs they can address at what time in the draft, etc.

Ultimately depends on how the market plays out but I can see the Lions making an upgrade at RB with somebody who has proven to be durable. Not sure if Mendenhall would fit in that regard.

Teagz

Dogs.
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
The surprising part isn’t that Browns quarterback Brandon Weeden is working with Chris Weinke in Florida.

The surprising part is that it took this long to introduce the guys with the exact same story.

Weeden, the former minor league baseball player turned old-man college quarterback, is now being tutored by Weinke, the original minor league baseball player turned old-man college quarterback at the IMG Academy.

“I’m very impressed with Brandon,” Weinke told Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. “In the short time I’ve worked with him, he’s an impressive guy and he has a huge upside.”

Weinke, who did some work with Panthers quarterback Cam Newton, said he thinks Weeden has a good chance to succeed in coach Rob Chudzinski’s system. But while he was impressed with Weeden’s arm strength, they’re together now working on footwork issues.

“He’s got a special arm,” Weinke said. “He spins it naturally, he has great velocity on the football and it’s really effortless. He’s got a good natural stroke and I’m quite impressed with his arm strength. . . .

“We’re focusing on his footwork, and he’s a gifted athlete. We’re trying to create that sense of urgency within his feet, which will obviously translate into getting rid of the ball quicker. He was very receptive and I’m excited to see what transpires over the next couple days.”

So is Susan Sarandon, who just boarded a bus for Bradenton to begin filming Bull Durham II.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%