Advertisements

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
I've always been okay with the advertisement little spaces at the top or bottom of the site -- but over the last few weeks I've constantly been getting more advertisements.

And their not pop-up windows, they're those stupid flash advertisements. For example, I'll go up to the top of the page to click "Forums" to go back to the main page and some BS will pop up and I gotta exit out of the damn thing first.

It's not that much out of the way, but it's just getting annoying.

I'm too lazy to get an ad-block plugin or w/e for my browser -- but seriously, is all this <Censored> needed?

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Sometimes they cover up the page for me, so I have to reload the page.

The ones at the bottom of the pages, sometimes cover up the Post/Use Full Editor buttons. But the decrease editor size helps that a lot.

Elite

PND SZN
Reaction score
ABP is the <Censored>. Don't get any ads and it takes like a minute to download.

fletch

Reaction score
Whenever I go to do a fast reply then when I click post there's an ad that's in front of the button so i can't post.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Whenever I go to do a fast reply then when I click post there's an ad that's in front of the button so i can't post.
Like I said, use the "Decrease Editor Size" button in the top right corner of the editor.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Download Firefox, throw in Ad Blocker Pro.

The end.
read the end of my last post

and plus I don't use firefox. Runs too slow on my lap top - I use google chrome instead.

Falcons11497

LEGENDARY.
Reaction score
i always get that axe game <Censored> which is annoying as <Censored>...lol

Rios15

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't have any ads at all with Ad Block Pro and Firefox.

The Guid

The Guid abides
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
read the end of my last post

and plus I don't use firefox. Runs too slow on my lap top - I use google chrome instead.
There's ABP for Chrome. And if you're too lazy to take the 2 minutes (barely) to fix the problem then what do you expect us to do for you?

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
The point of me posting this had nothing to do with getting rid of the advertisements. I've used ABP in the past with firefox on a previous computer with no problem. But at the time there was just the small section on top and bottom. No advertisements expanded and took up half my screen.

Now that I have a different computer and different browser, I'm seeing this crap pop up. I go on other sports forums and have NO problem with advertisements -- I don't have to worry about ads covering up the "add reply" button, or appearing at the top of the screen taking up half the screen. My question is simply why is this happening and can the administration do something about it? If it doesn't happen on other sports forums, why does it happen here? Is it a cheap way of the ownership making money? Are they selling out? I'm not accusing anything, and I hope no one views it that way, I just want answers.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
IDK why they increased for you?
But yes we have them in order to earn some cash, which in turn helps pay for the website.

Chrome has tons of ad blockers though, I haven't had an add here months cause of it.

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
great... i put the ad-block pro on.... there was still 1 small ad at the top so I went to block it. I dragged some meter a few clicks over, and finished editing the block. Now I can't see member signatures and avatars. And now I don't know how to reverse that.

THIS IS WHY I DON'T LIKE ADD-ONS!!!

lol...

grrr!!!

Mooche

Reaction score
Thank you so much DJT! I had the problem with the ad at the bottom of the page so many times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%