Additions to Staff / Plus More Ahead

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Would like to take this opportunity to announce a few changes and additions to the staff here.

At first, the admins wanted to assign two sports for each moderator, however some things never really fell in to place. Mainly, we never really found someone we thought was right to moderate two sections, so I found two members who would be willing to step in and help keep sections active, cleaned up, organized and so on.

I talked to Teagle, and he agreed to make a change -- instead of running MLB & NHL, Teagle will now run the NHL & NFL sections.

With that change, I would like to welcome two new additions to the staff:
  • NBA Moderator: Buzzy
  • MLB Moderator: Frontpage Stardom
I ran through a few different ways to set up the staff to fit different people -- we originally wanted to keep things condensed to two moderators, but in the end we felt the most productive solution was to have 3 moderators. Congratulations to the two of you.

Also, I've been in contact this last week with the owners this week, and right now we're unsure of a date but we should be upgrading the site to IP Board version 3.4.3 in the near future -- hopefully by the end of the week. I will keep you guys updated on when we make the update and how long the site will be offline during.

So, that about wraps it up.

- Giantmetfan07

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
Most of the changes I've taken a look at are in the admin CP -- but there are other additions with the posting editor. It should now copy & paste things in under just plain text, removing the necessity to have to click the "remove formatting" button. I'm not 100% sure on that -- I'll know once we have it. There's a lot more I have to look through with all the other 3.4.1 and 3.4.2 updates and so on.

There's other additions they mentioned about html and javascript and such which, if I'm reading it correctly, should help the site run smoother -- but i'm not even sure. that stuff is like gibberish to me.

Most of the updated features came in 3.4 which you can see a full list of here: http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/373381-ipboard-340-and-ipnexus-155-released/

Everything since then has been mostly bug fixes.

Seems like there were also changes to the search feature, some "best answer" feature which looks nice but I don't know how often it would be used here, and changes to the mobile apps.

Steez

Reaction score
ok buzzy i see you. you big timin' me now? got ya own washer n dryer now, ok.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
What's my pay?

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Whatever it is, you should hold out for more

Giantmetfan07

Shocking The World
ADMIN
Reaction score
You make half of what I make, which is $0.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dope. Gunning for that admin spot and 100% raise.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
shoutout to sparklee.com

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
Yo Im gonna be an amazing moderator, lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%