Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elfrid Payton

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulius

Reaction score
We should also do something like this and do an all time nba draft and do like 100 picks

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Nola I'm aware of Jrue's season. I think he's going go get slept on mainly because he didn't do it over the course of the full season AND hasn't been healthy in a fully healthy in a while. Also how bad the Pelicans were doesn't help. You know I like Jrue and if he puts up similar numbers over a full season id easily put him in my top ten.

Paulius

Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Nola I'm aware of Jrue's season. I think he's going go get slept on mainly because he didn't do it over the course of the full season AND hasn't been healthy in a fully healthy in a while. Also how bad the Pelicans were doesn't help. You know I like Jrue and if he puts up similar numbers over a full season id easily put him in my top ten.
16/6 on 43% shooting? Thats top 10?

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:

I guess the hope for me is that he continues the level of play he had last season, while doing so on a good team, and he plays the majority of the season. I think a lot of people will look at his per game stats from last season and not get the full brunt of how good he actually was...

#2 SG of all time #24 said:
16/6 on 43% shooting? Thats top 10?
...like this guy. Jrue started the season on a minutes and back to back restriction. He was a healthy scratch in 6 of the first 23 games. He didn't actually miss a game due to injury until the last week of March. Then he missed the final 9 games due to an eye injury, but the truth to that is he was going to continue playing (he had been fitted for a mask and everything) but they elected to hold him out, they essentially tanked.

Still, 16 and 6 in just 28 minutes a night is no joke. But that's not what I base my argument on. I base my argument on what I mentioned earlier, the way he controls the flow of a game, the way he positively impacts his teammates, etc. He started off the season pretty "meh," he didn't play bad but he wasn't really knocking anyone's socks off. That minute restriction really effected him. He would play 5 minutes here, sit for 12 minutes of fame action, play 5 minutes then sit again, and so on. He never got into a rhythm, and once he hit his predetermined minutes, which was 20-25 minutes, that was it. I think it was the Christmas Day game, they used up all his minutes in regulation and the game goes to OT, and he has to watch the rest from the bench. I look at what he did once that minute restriction was lifted, he was fantastic. 19 pts, 3 rbs, 7 asts, 44% from the field. I just don't think there are that many well rounded PG's, he can score, he can defend, he can distribute, he can control the flow of the game, he can run an offense to perfection.

Stray32

Reaction score
Nola is reaching just a bit with Jrue, he's solid but didn't do anything special and talking about minutes restrictions and other things is just making excuses, clearly hometown bias driving that argument

Now give me Reggie

Jk I'm going IT but Reggie is definitely better than Teague or Kemba

Stray32

Reaction score
Also I vote to rescind CameronCrazy's voting rights for voting Mudiay here

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Voting for Rose isn't much better

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Stray32 said:
Nola is reaching just a bit with Jrue, he's solid but didn't do anything special and talking about minutes restrictions and other things is just making excuses, clearly hometown bias driving that argument

Now give me Reggie

Jk I'm going IT but Reggie is definitely better than Teague or Kemba
theres a huge difference between an excuse and a reason.

I don't follow how him "only averaging" 17 and 6 in relation to the minute restriction is an excuse. His averages were because of the restriction. Now that is the exact definition of a reason.

Jrue was fantastic once he got off that restriction, but we are talking about the third tier of PG's here, none of them are special.

It has nothing to do with hometown bias, if it did I would be pushing for him to go earlier. This is about where he should land, for all the reasons I have mentioned.

buzzy

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I already voted Bootiay top 3 I think

Stray32

Reaction score
So @[member='RipCity32'], how does this work? Runoff between the next two or three? I did the polls on adfs and that's how I did it when this many guys had votes and nobody had a lot, but idk how you guys do the polls here

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Whoever has the most when Sal starts the next wins

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
buzzy said:
I already voted Bootiay top 3 I think
Yeah I only vote seriously when needed haha.

I went with IT. If I were building a team, I think I'd take Bledsoe. But IT deserves major credit for the season he had

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%