Status
Not open for further replies.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
RipCity32 said:
It is a very real possibility I might change my vote to Goran as well. 

You'd only be changing your vote to try and prevent Rose from winning, which is pretty weak imo. You already said in the last thread you thought Bledsoe should be #10

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
And for the 1,000,001st time, nobody is voting Derrick Rose based on his stats from last year. If he comes out and doesn't play up to the standards I hold him to, I wouldn't vote for him next year. Hell if he didn't improve in the playoffs I probably still wouldn't have voted for him.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
Nothing. Just let people live in the past, this is Rondo all over again. PG has poor season but is voted into top 10 on name alone. I am glad he wasn't voted top 10 like Rondo though, at least some of us got smarter.

Coming from the dude who tried to brainwash the board into thinking Kyrie wasn't top ten last year?

Yeah, I really AM glad people on the board got smarter.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
And for the 1,000,001st time, nobody is voting Derrick Rose based on his stats from last year. If he comes out and doesn't play up to the standards I hold him to, I wouldn't vote for him next year. Hell if he didn't improve in the playoffs I probably still wouldn't have voted for him.
That is the entire issue here, you hold him to standards that you have no legitimate reason to hold him too. He played poorly from start to finish last season, he barely played the two seasons prior and when he did he was awful. There really is no clear way to say it, Rose has not done anything to give him consideration as a top 10 guard in this league in the last three years. Three years is A damn long time.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
nolafan33 said:
That is the entire issue here, you hold him to standards that you have no legitimate reason to hold him too. He played poorly from start to finish last season, he barely played the two seasons prior and when he did he was awful. There really is no clear way to say it, Rose has not done anything to give him consideration as a top 10 guard in this league in the last three years. Three years is A damn long time.

Well when you consider that he wasn't 100% at any point in those three years, and at the point where he was closest, he played his best basketball (the playoffs), saying he "hasn't done anything", while it sounds more emphatic, is still inaccurate, like a lot of the points you make, i.e. Kyrie not being a top 10 PG :D

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
and I still stand behind the Kyrie thing. It's my preference, but I like guys that can do multiple things for you. It's why I'm not a Eric Gordon fan. Yes he gives you great perimeter shooting, but what else? Does he play D? Nah. Does he set up teammates? Rebound? Cause havoc? No to all of those things. You take away his shot and he's utterly useless. Same goes for Kyrie. He wasn't going to defend, he wasn't going to make his teammates better. So on, so on, and so on. I think he was much better in a different roll this season, I think he's in a good spot now.

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
Well when you consider that he wasn't 100% at any point in those three years, and at the point where he was closest, he played his best basketball (the playoffs), saying he "hasn't done anything", while it sounds more emphatic, is still inaccurate, like a lot of the points you make, i.e. Kyrie not being a top 10 PG
You keep saying the playoffs is where he performed the best like he actually played good...

You aren't incorrect in saying the playoffs have been the best he's played, but he still was not good in the playoffs.

Certaintly not good enough to make him a top 10 PG like the point you made last night.

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Rose played more minutes so he scored more in the playoffs, but he arguably played even worse in the playoffs. 

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
I just don't get how Lowry was voted so highly

Even excluding Rose, he's not better than Dragic or Bledsoe

jonathanlambert33

P-ROBlem
Staff member
Global Moderator
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
elcheato said:
Rose played more minutes so he scored more in the playoffs, but he arguably played even worse in the playoffs.
Someone making the argument that he played his best basketball in the playoffs is such a back handed compliment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%