4dm's Scrolling User Bar Tutorial

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Step 1. Open a new document with dimensions of 350 px by 20 px

Step 2. Select your background colour and use the bucket tool to apply to to background

Step 3. Apply a border by using the rectangluar marquee tool and selecting the whole background. The Right Click and select border and apply a border of maximum width 3 pixels.

Step 4. Apply a Pattern Overaly of Scanlines and change their opacity to approximately 40 or 30%. They do not want to be full strength.

Step 5. Use the ellipse tool and place a white ellipse on the background. It wants to cover the top half of the bar.

Step 6. Make this ellipse of 50% opacity and then apply a gaussian blur of around 3 or 4 px so it becomes slight blurry and gives the background a white tinge.

Step 7. Write your text! I use a font called PIXELICIOUS and apply a one pixel stroke/border

Step 8. Get your logo/photo and get rid of any part of it you dont want and place on the bar and resize to howeva u want

Step 9. OK hard bit to explain. Select the part of the bg INSIDE the border. Then press Ctrl+Shift+I to inverse the selection and this should select ther border. WIth the border still selected go to your logo layer and press delete. It should get rid of the part of the logo above the border ************ONLY DO THIS IF NOT ANIMATING*************************

Step 10. If animating skip step 9 and tranfer to image ready, on the first frame, have the logo off the picture to the top, in the seconf frame move it down so it is off the picture. Select both frames and apply a POSITION tween of 50 frames

Step 11. Save Optimised and Upload if using animation

Step 12. Save as a JPEG in photoshop if not using animation

Done by 4dm

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
wow just tried it and it works great quick and easy good jon 4dm

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
hey rip your is good, i would give the text a blue stroke though and make the text a bit smaller

jarrod, try and get the scanlines behind the logo and not on top of, i think it will look betta

glad the tut could help, it is my first really good one that ppl have used

slpnsld23

Love Me or Hate Me
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
yeah nice RIP, but i can barely read the text and the logo shakes a little

VC3

Charmander CHAR CHAR!
Reaction score
slpnsld23 said:
yeah nice RIP, but i can barely read the text and the logo shakes a little
Agreed^

sheed

Hi.
Reaction score
hey man nice tut it really helped me out a lot thanks

.snowy

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
glad i could help :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%