4 Questioned in Louisiana Regarding Auburn...

Brutalis

"Take heart, or I will take it from you." - BN
Reaction score
http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/ncaa-q...t-auburn-29499

There's still smoke on the horizon. Rumor has it that there has already been investigators in Little Rock as well questioning the coaching staff of LR Christian, where Michael Dyer played and that there is more coming.

A ruling may have already been made but it's no shock or secret the investigation is on-going and will continue for quite some time, probably a few years.

Many have found it quite odd in Arkansas and Louisiana that home grown players had little to no interest in their own states big time programs. Typically LSU and Arkansas wrap up in state recruits and have done quite well keeping that trend.

Last week I went to NE Arkansas to visit friends and have dinner, and this topic came up. My buddies dad who is a donor and owns a construction company said Lee Ziemba, another Arkansas recruit nabbed by Auburn while Tubs from Rogers had already been questioned via telephone by the NCAA. He also claimed the Tubs and Auburn breakup had more to do with information leaking and trying to avoid a near investigation from the NCAA on recruiting violations and such. Basically said Tubs left before anything went down, and amongst SEC guys it was no secret Tubs was full of tricks.

The same thing was said about Kodi Burns from Arkansas. He claimed his high school coaching staff was questioned after Tubs had already parted ways with Auburn.

Of course that is just hearsay so take it for what you want.

But a fact is rising to the surface of all these Auburn scandals and accusations, and that is the recruiting violations have been going on long before Gene Chizik and that not only is he under fire, the program is under fire from his recruiting and several years of Tubs recruiting. It appears to me that Auburn went after a coach that was far from any spotlight so they could continue rule bending tactics to the highest degree.

Obviously this would not be happening unless Auburn did do something wrong. Heads all over the SEC have already been questioned and the NCAA wants to know why Auburns recruiting has been so elite for a coach that had a more than ugly win/loss record before Auburn and why these players that committed did not give any local major university a shot at recruiting them much less show any interest in anything other than Auburn.

Michael Dyer didn't even want to take a visit to Arkansas until his HS coach pushed him to do it. And in his visit he totally played the actor card and was pretty apathetic about everything.

Same deal with the Louisiana recruits, and for the rest of their recruits well, they apparently have not been questioned yet [their HS coaches that is] and likely will be in the future.

I just find it odd that a no-name coach comes in and lands all these players, wins a title and there not be something going on. Auburn is not an SEC school I hate or much care for, so no bias is coming from me. I specifically hate LSU and Florida.

This thing is long from over and what is new to me is the violations that might have been found with Tubs that has continued into Chizik's tenure. And none of this would be happening unless a player/former player for Auburn spilled some beans or someone close to Auburn got a deal to open their mouth IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%