2018-19 GM of the Year

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Voting for 2018-19 GM of the Year is now open. Please send your votes to @CameronCrazy06 via PM *ON THIS SITE*. I would encourage anyone who feels they deserve the award to make a case for themselves, and for everybody to wait to hear said cases before casting your vote. The more discussion/debate we get in this thread, the better.

While you can make a case for yourself, you cannot vote for yourself.

Voting will close when the playoffs begin. It's a regular season award. Always a chance you could get paid for voting, so you should vote. Just fucking vote.

Past Winners:

2017-18: Will
2016-17: Cheddar (should've been .inf tbh)
2015-16: GMOTY
2014-15: CameronCrazy06
2013-14: DJT
2012-13: Cheddar
2011-12: .G9
2010-11: daulten780

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ive never made a case for myself on one of these but since this was probably the best season my team has had this go round I figured why not.

Heres a quick review of my season:

- Won 60 Games for the first time, finishing with the 3rd best record in the league regardless of the amount of changes to my lineup and team, as well as numerous early injuries. Also improved my team from 54 wins last season though being in the toughest division in the league.

- Took two stars (LeBron & Dwight) that have made it difficult for other teams to involve as options and managed to make them work.

- Brought Kristaps Porzingis into our team and helped the overarching bust narrative around him. He finished with a career year and All-Defense Second Team Nod.

- Began the Year with a core of Steph-Giannis- Kristaps, through numerous deals ended with my core being Steph-LeBron-Kristaps-Dwight

- Through all of the deals I made my roster was pretty much completely reconstructed but not in a way that immediately binds my team financially. My team still has the flexibility to attempt to bring back a number of these aging stars or make a run at a few other stars in free agency.

I would definitely appreciate the consideration this year yall.

Mentch

Some Fucking Dude
Reaction score
I dont deserve the award this season, but I would consider it a personal favor if you voted for me anyways

Ramjan2

Reaction score
Hey all, just wanted to make my case. I know I started with a pretty stacked team but hear me out:

- Made a ton of moves, moved bron to make me new core of bradley/beal/kyrie/kat
- Made a move for whiteside as well
- 2nd best record in the league while never dipping past the top 5 in power rankings
- Completely changed the style of the team, what would have been a balanced offense ran into an outside that have let players like Beal/Kyrie have the best seasons of their careers (in terms of efficiency, defense, ppg. Beal had a career high in points and kyrie shot significantly better from the field. Bradley also had a career high in points on career best percentages.)

Overall I felt that I made all the right calls this season, and brought the best out of my players. Best offense in the league, and turned at one point was the worst defense in to a top 15 (nothing to be too proud of, but that's a significant jump). Also lead the league in blocks, points, in all three percentages, third in steals. Even if I don't get it, am very proud of everything I accomplished!

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Congratulations to @[member=$tunna] for winning 2018-19 GM of the Year.

Full voting:

$tunna (9)
.inf (3)
brackattack (2)
Cheddar (1)

Please claim $1 if you voted.

Bozo The Clown

Reaction score
Congrats, well deserved.

Tough crowd here for dominance when the roster remains mostly the same lol but great job to the other top teams this year.

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Congrats stunna. Well dessrved

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Thanks yall boys, everyone that voted. Playoffs didnt go in my favor but this definitely helps. I think this is my first one ever so thats really dope.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%