2013-14 GM of the Year

bosoxlover12

We're Onto Cincinnati
ADMIN
Reaction score
Voting for 2013-14 GM of the Year is now open. Please send your votes to @[member="CameronCrazy06"] via PM *ON THIS SITE*. I would encourage anyone who feels they deserve the award to make a case for themselves, and for everybody to wait to hear said cases before casting your vote. The more discussion/debate we get in this thread, the better.
While you can make a case for yourself, you cannot vote for yourself.

Voting will close when the playoffs end. Try not to take playoff results into account. It's a regular season award.

Past Winners:

2012-13: Cheddar
2011-12: .G9
2010-11: daulten780 

daulten780

Members
Reaction score
While I was not elite record wise, I think that I deserve some consideration for GMOTY. Last year, I had the worst record in the league in hopes to get Giannis. Obviously, my picks didnt fall in my favor which led to my new direction. Over the span of a year, I went from a team that barely won 20 games, having no assets besides Ed Davis and my chest of first rounders, to winning 45-37 and being 5th seed in the West. I did this without making any free agency signings. My current roster is the result of nothing but trading and drafting as I turned all my cap space from last summer into getting the guys I wanted.

8 of my 15 players are on their rookie deals, giving me plenty of flexibility in the future. I won almost 50 games, and the only people that I need to re-sign this summer who are not restricted are Danny Granger and Danny Green. I will have over $40 million this offseason in cap space, either to add more depth or to hopefully lure a star to Phoenix. I was able to acquire several players with great potential- Isaiah Thomas being the center piece of my team had an excellent season putting up an efficient 23/9 and still has a year left on his rookie deal following this season. Avery Bradley and Ed Davis are two other great players with plenty of room to grow. Cody Zeller made first team all rookie, averaging almost a double double in less than 30 minutes a game. With my veterans: Monta, Granger, Green and Dirk, I have two 3 and D guys, one who can put up 20 ppg as a second option. Monta and Dirk are both excellent scoring options off the bench, and I got both of these guys very cheaply.

I still have room to improve this team, but I have a great foundation to build upon. I went from the worst team to the 5th seed in a year while still having 90% of my team under the age of 25. I have great flexibility this summer, having more than $40 million to work with while having another year of IT on his rookie deal. If my off-season goes well, we can only go up from here.

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
If you already voted for GMOTY, claim 2 dollars.

If you haven't voted yet, vote now. I might pay you.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
CameronCrazy06 said:
If you already voted for GMOTY, claim 2 dollars.

If you haven't voted yet, vote now. I might pay you.
this is pretty cool

CameronCrazy06

Sight On Six
Hall of Fame
Commish
Reaction score
Congratulations @[member="DJT"] for winning 2013-14 GM of the Year

Full Voting:

DJT (4)
dez (2)
mattfaria12 (2)
.inf (1)
CameronCrazy06 (1)
Godfather (1)
Rios (1)

dez

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well deserved congrats djt

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Congrats djt. Can't believe I got a vote. Thank you BB! You the real MVP

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Oh snap. Thanks guys. Bummed I didnt get to vote.

Pugz

#ForPaul
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
djt was my vote until the finish but he was definitely 1.B

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%