Yovani Gallardo Reportedly Signs 3-Year Deal with Orioles

Panic!

Reaction score
Starting pitcher Yovani Gallardo has found a new home for next season after inking a three-year, $35 million deal with the Baltimore Orioles, per Jon Heyman of MLB Network. Heyman also noted the deal includes an option for a fourth year.

Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports confirmed Heyman's report.

The 29-year-old is preparing for his 10th campaign in the majors in 2016 after going 13-11 with a 3.42 ERA with the Texas Rangers last year, his only season with the team. The Milwaukee Brewers traded him to the Rangers for the final year of his five-year, $30.1 million deal he signed back in 2011, per Spotrac.com.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-rumors-speculation-surrounding-free-agent-sp

He'll probably be the No. 1 starter in Baltimore.

Not the best No.1 starter, but solid.

Don't think the Orioles can win though.

AL East is tough and I have them 4th just below the Yankees.

Cloud 9

Reverse the curse
Reaction score
He's more of a quality 3 or lower end 2 but it's a good pickup for Baltimore. They'll probably sign Dexter Fowler too, would be a couple solid pickups for them

Cloud 9

Reverse the curse
Reaction score
^ Yupp, just read the Orioles and Fowler are discussing a 2 year / 24 M deal. As a Cubs fan that's great news because we get the #28 pick in the draft from Baltimore as compensation

Panic!

Reaction score
Cloud 9 said:
He's more of a quality 3 or lower end 2 but it's a good pickup for Baltimore. They'll probably sign Dexter Fowler too, would be a couple solid pickups for them
He'd be their "ace" considering how bad their rotation is.

Cloud 9

Reverse the curse
Reaction score
Panic! said:
He'd be their "ace" considering how bad their rotation is.
I'm aware, hence why I said he's more of a quality 3 or low end 2

catman

Reaction score
Deal was re-negotiated, due to medical issues.

JZsportswhiz

Reaction score
Cloud 9 said:
^ Yupp, just read the Orioles and Fowler are discussing a 2 year / 24 M deal. As a Cubs fan that's great news because we get the #28 pick in the draft from Baltimore as compensation
Unfortunately that pick will go to the Cardinals as they get the Cubs 1st 2 picks in the draft

Cloud 9

Reverse the curse
Reaction score
JZSportswhiz said:
Unfortunately that pick will go to the Cardinals as they get the Cubs 1st 2 picks in the draft
True, forgot about J-Hey

Cloud 9

Reverse the curse
Reaction score
JZSportswhiz said:
Now with Fowler back in Chicago, Cubs first pick will be in the 3rd round
Can't believe he changed his mind last minute I thought it was a sure thing with Baltimore after yesterday's reports. I'm really glad to have him back for at least another year though, gives us a lot of flexibility in terms of depth and in the trade market as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%