Woeful Nets continue downward spiral

Status
Not open for further replies.

VC15

Reaction score
For anyone who cares, the Nets have dropped to 4-48 (a record for worst start in pro sports history) after a 20 point loss to Milwaukee tonight. Just the night before, the Nets had the Cavaliers on the ropes for a decent portion of the game before LeBron took over in the 4th. What was the difference? "Evin" Harris did not play against the Cavaliers (at Cleveland no less) and were in a great position to win that game after CDR was dropped out of our rotation, despite being our second best player and being the only one who still gives a <Censored>. Harris, Yi, and Kiki need to be shipped out before this franchise can climb back up to respectability.

Also here is another article about another record that the Nets have recently set.

By Sassmaster

The Nets Break Attendance Record

Look at that! Just look! I cannot recall a crowd that empty at a professional sports event that early in the game. The Nets and Bucks are only 3 minutes into the game and it looks like 12 people are in attendance. As I'm watching this game on TV (sadly) it is the 4th quarter and that picture does not lie. There is no one at this game. There isn't even even any Jersey trash in the stands.

The announcers are currently showing the face of second year star Brook Lopez and it looks like his son just told him that he's going to get a sex change. The disappointment in his expression is not uncommon, according to the announcers this is the "48th time they have seen that on his face."

Read more after the break

I was originally rooting for Lebron to go to the Knicks next season but after seeing the Nets embarrassment first hand I can safely say I hope he goes there. For their sake and for the NBA's sake, the Nets need something huge to spark attendance.

Soon they will be moving to a new stadium in Brooklyn, and I do not know if that will even draw any fans at this rate. Adding Lebron will draw huge numbers in new and returning fans who had previously given up on their team. If the Nets don't get Lebron or Wade, it will be embarrassing for the NBA when the Nets open a new stadium to the crowd numbers that the Marlins draw everyday.

Maybe if they had more dedicated fans, such as Rex Ryan's Fat:
Although we got roughly 16 inches in North Jersey over the past 24 hours, this attendance was very sad but hilarious at the same time.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
16 inches of snow played a huge factor I'd assume

But funny anyways lol.

VC15

Reaction score
16 inches of snow played a huge factor I'd assume

But funny anyways lol.
Not really, the stands aren't much better without snow. There were literally less than 500 people there tonight. I went to my alma mater's high school game on Saturday nigh, and they had a bigger turnout than the Nets did tonight. Kiki, Yi and Evin Harris can't be gone fast enough.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
LOL and I remember when the Nets ripped us off with the Kidd trade and now they want Devin out ASAP

elcheato

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Don't forget how they ripped you off for Kris Humphries.

MapleLeaf

Squirtle Squirt!
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I know LOL.

JJ Barea would be averaging 20 points on that team

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I think Harris is far from the problem in NJ.
I think it's the amazing lack of talent around Harris.

I'm pretty sure he was an All-Star last year?

$tunna

teejus
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Dag, I and they complain about the turnouts in ATL. SMH

VC15

Reaction score
I think Harris is far from the problem in NJ.
I think it's the amazing lack of talent around Harris.

I'm pretty sure he was an All-Star last year?
He is the main problem. How do we go from nearly beating the Cavaliers without him, to getting blown out by the Bucks in just one day? Every Net fan will admit it. He can't play D at all, and makes everyone around him worse if you can believe it. He is arguably the worst player to ever get an invite to the ASG. In one year he turned us stealing from the Mavericks into us barely breaking even in that trade.

Our top three players:

1. Brook Lopez (Will be the best center in the East in a few years)
2. Chris Douglas Roberts (Benched only because of a feud with KiKi)
3. Not Evin Harris

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Ok wait. You're confusing lol. Your username is DH34 and you hate Harris? What's going on?

VC15

Reaction score
Ok wait. You're confusing lol. Your username is DH34 and you hate Harris? What's going on?
The only reason I haven't changed it yet is because I can't think of a new username.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Well, I think he is far from the problem.
Add some talent around him and the story changes, just look at last year when the Nets were respectable.

VC15

Reaction score
Well, I think he is far from the problem.
Add some talent around him and the story changes, just look at last year when the Nets were respectable.
The only difference between last year and this year is that last year's team tried their best nearly every game but made plenty of bad mistakes in close games that kept them from being a .500 team. This year's team was banged up from the start en route to an 0-18 start and never had that passion again. But "Captain Devin's" leadership has guided us to four wins. This team has enough talent to be at NY's or Philadelphia's level (despite being the youngest team in the league) with promise. There is just very little effort from players aside from CDR, Lopez, Hayes and sometimes Lee.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Either way Harris shouldn't be crucified for what's going on in NJ at all.

VC15

Reaction score
Either way Harris shouldn't be crucified for what's going on in NJ at all.
I could easily blame Ratner for trying to fill his pockets, or Thorn for hiring Kiki's retarded ass as a GM and then making him a HC this year. But CDR and T-Will can't be blamed because they are the only two who actually want to win and their PT of late shows. Yi can be blamed because we would have to pay a team to take him off our hands. Lee is horrifically bad 70% of the time, Hayes has been solid lately and Dooling should be starting at PG. Humphries is that physical PF that we;ve been lacking for the longest time so he can't be blamed. Harris is supposed to be the leader of this team, yet our play and the stats show that we are better off without him.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Stats really can't show your better without him when your a 4-48 team.

VC15

Reaction score
Stats really can't show your better without him when your a 4-48 team.
Games are typically closer as opposed to blowouts (like tonight). Scoring is more balanced and stats won;t show this but the team has better chemistry and gives more effort when he is not on the floor. If we get Wall, Harris is gone and that;s what every Net fan should want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%