Will the NFL ever let a team move to Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTN2810

Reaction score
Do you guys think a team could ever move to Canada? I would obviously love to see it happen, and I actually think eventually it will happen. Especially with the economy down there.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think so. Is american football even big at all in Canada?

Dorado

LiveLoveA$AP
Reaction score
i gotta feeling the bills will move somewhere in canada down the line

snipezo

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I don't think so. Is american football even big at all in Canada?
It's pretty popular but obviously not as big as hockey. I doubt they will move an NFL team to Canada though.

.infamous

Hall of Fame
Reaction score
I see it happening. I actually see it happening here within 10-15 years maybe even before that. There is alot of speculation around the NFL saying that once the owner of the Bills dies(HE IS REALLY OLD) that they will be moving to Canada. I think the Bills play in the Rogers Center or somewhere in Canada like 3 times during this next season. So I definitely think there will be a NFL team in Canada withing 5 to 15 years.

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
tickets better not still be overpriced as <Censored> or they can forget about it. its like a quarter of the price to just drive to buffalo and see a game. the only reason i went to a toronto series game was because my team played at the rogers center in a bowl game so we got free tickets. the game sucked btw. miami vs buffalo and it was so boring.

RipCity32

King Of The East
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Eh IDK, I just don't think Canada will have a high enough market to hold an NFL team.

cruzg24

It is what it is
Reaction score
I think a city that its possible in is Toronto, but only Toronto. Its a start that they play like 4 home games a the Rogers Centre and I think they could make an easy transition having a professional football team. If basketball and baseball can work in Toronto, then football easily can as well. Its a great city with a loyal fanbase and I think it would be great for the league.

Mooche

Reaction score
A TON of the Buffalo Bills fans are from Toronto. They come on bus tours to the stadiums every Sunday..

A.E

Vottomatic
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Born & raised in Upstate New York, I can promise you guys that the Bills will never relocate to Toronto. I'll also bet my entire savings that as long as Ralph Wilson is alive, the team never leaves Buffalo. Buffalo is quite the diehard football city and the support for the Bills doesn't run short at all. You talk about Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, and there's a ton of fans on the other side of the falls. Although the Bills are making a point to better recognize and embrace their Canadian fans (playing in Toronto), permanently relocating to Toronto wouldn't put them in a better situation. Taxpayers in Western New York can't and won't support a new stadium but they do manage to pack enough seats in the sh1t stadium they've got. Bills are easy to point the finger at b/c of the stadium issue but a team like Jacksonville, with minimal fan support, would be more than likely to move at this point.

As for any team moving to Canada...I just can't see it happening anytime within the next 10-15 years, at least. The American economy is still trying to get over a nasty recession but the NFL is still making millions...and hasn't stopped.

JoshHoward5

LONG LIVE THE CHARIOT
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
AE took my point. People in Buffalo love the Bills, and i really doubt they would leave.

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
ive always wondered why they are linking buffalo to toronto because of the fact that there is so many die hard fans there.

Blake

I'm goin' lamb bruh.
Reaction score
I don't think an NFL team will ever move to Canada.

DJT

Members
Hall of Fame
Reaction score
Isn't there a CFL or is that gone? ANyways if it is gone, I could see a team moving to Canada, but not for a while.

footballplaya52

Solo Dolo
Reaction score
we have the CFL..but its a joke.

on the upside they do air it on NFL Network now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Wins Game 5?

• Tampa Bay Rays (Away)

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Houston Astros (Home)

Votes: 10 66.7%